How to not debate

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
While I think everybody knows how I stand on the 2nd Amendment, he isn't a very good spokesperson for it.

Look for his videos about FEMA camps and similar, some get WAAY out there with imagination. Imagine a few thousand loosewires :p having a conversation in his head. That must be what is going on. A Single looswire is a good thing to nudge an oscillation here and there, but tens of thousands? No thanks.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
So many potential memes, so little time. :D

That had me rolling around in laughter.

P.S. the more I watch it, the more I feel sorry for the man.

Piers Morgan is a very clever man. You can see that this is exactly the response he was hoping for. Cool, calm and collected on the left and mad, raging lunatic on the right.

Very obvious he is milking this man. Notice how he says "Are you finished?", which immediately gets the other guy fired up again.

This is a classic example of a not-so-clever person being made a fool of by a smart, but slimy, man.

P.P.S. How did he find out about our plans to rid America of guns and invade again??? :D :p

Last edited:

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I watches the Piers Morgan thing and thought his (Morgan's) behaviour was despicable. To ask a guest to respond then keep talking over him, trying to make some invalid point about how many bullets a second the AR15 can shoot.

It was a completely invalid argument, as the AR15 used in the attrocity can only shoot one bullet per pull of the trigger, exactly the same as any handgun and many other rifles. The kill count and lethality was always "one bullet per trigger pull" which to anyone who is open minded completely negates the "assault rifle" argument. The killer would/could have had the same body count with any handgun.

Morgan's behaviour was bigoted and emotionally driven from someone with a phobia against any gun that looks "assaulting" with no basis in reality as to how lethal the weapon was per the incidient being discussed. I no longer have any respect for the man, he's a corrupt bigot pushing an illogical, emotionally based stance that those deaths were caused because "assault rifles" exist.

If someone drove a Ferrari through the school carpark at 30 MPH and killed a heap of kids, it is not proof that the deaths were caused by "racing cars" which need to be banned.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Its a set up, a loaded question. The guy thats freaking out is the one thats actually correct. The UK has just as much violence as the US its just with knives, bats, and such. But I honestly couldn't tell you whose a worse debater. The guy who gets his point across acting like a crazy man or the one that won't address the actual debate and wants to use tiny pieces of info to try to address a very complex issue..

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
It was Morgan's job as the host of the debate to be unbiased and show respect for both parties and give each the time to say their points. Instead he was extremely biased and bullied the side he did not agree with.

An ethical journalist hosting a debate would have acted like a chairman and let the guest speakers nut it out, but what I saw from Morgan was similar to the level of "journalism" found on the Jerry Springer show.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Well Mr. Jones was a guest at this show. And Morgan got more than he could hope for. Without any provocation Jones present oneself as a babbling, bumbling band of baboons. Totally making a fool of oneself and his cause. I remain neutral in this discussion. But looking at the debate from the outside. Those who argue most loud against gun control. Strike me as people who should not be allowed to have guns.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
It was Morgan's job as the host of the debate to be unbiased and show respect for both parties and give each the time to say their points. Instead he was extremely biased and bullied the side he did not agree with.

An ethical journalist hosting a debate would have acted like a chairman and let the guest speakers nut it out, but what I saw from Morgan was similar to the level of "journalism" found on the Jerry Springer show.

Agreed, but there's more money in being controversial, these days. Some are very sneaky about doing the Springer act.

People don't want to realize the fact....that a gun never killed anyone.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I'm starting to think i'm discussing a different Piers Morgan show than the one you guys are?

My youtube is broken so I didn't check the links and assumed it was the show that happened on the day of the NRA's speech, where Morgan was hosting a debate of a few guests pro/anti guns and Morgan got stuck into the guest who wrote a book on the effect of gun laws and crime/murder etc?

Anyway my apologies if we are talking about different episodes, at least it sounds like Morgan's MO hasn't changed much.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I'm starting to think i'm discussing a different Piers Morgan show than the one you guys are?
Sounds like it. The guest was Alex Jones, a syndicated talk radio host well known for being obnoxious and bellicose. His website is infowars.com. He is the type of guy that I want to disagree with no matter which side he takes, regardless of my true opinions.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Ahh, well it's definitely a different show. The one I saw was the day of the NRA speech, or possibly the day after. Morgan was the host and had a number of guest speakers and an audience in a big room, and acted in a very angry bigoted fashion to at least one of his "guests".