How to measure resistance of water?

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Hey on a radio active note I just read where my company I retired from just got another US One Billion Dollar contract with the US Navy.
I worked at a place doing some contract work for the place you used to work. Happened to be in Alliance the other day and drove by where the Research Center, the place we did the work for. It's gone! Not empty but totally gone! The area is leveled and planted in grass, still has the chain link fence to keep people out but no buildings at all.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I worked at a place doing some contract work for the place you used to work. Happened to be in Alliance the other day and drove by where the Research Center, the place we did the work for. It's gone! Not empty but totally gone! The area is leveled and planted in grass, still has the chain link fence to keep people out but no buildings at all.
My company was not always BWXT. Actually while over the years we did several name changes we were Marine Mechanical Corporation and we were actually an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) and every year we received stock and had a nice dinner party. B&W (Babcock & Wilcox) down in Barberton was our prime customer but we also interfaced with Oak Ridge, BETTIS and Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory (KAPL). After about 10 years of employee ownership we decided the time was right to sell. The nice thing about building for the Nuclear Navy is our forecast were long term. I could tell you what parts would be where in 5 years and we also had 10 year forecast. Building a new nuclear carrier takes a few days.

When we sold the payout was sweet as all vested employees were paid 90% of their share holdings up front. On average 400 to 500K. We then became B&W Nuclear Operations Group, Euclid Ohio. I also saw the new winds of change begin. Annual increases got smaller and demands went up. I was eligible to retire and decided it was time. One hell of a great ride and career but for me it was time. That will be 7 years come May. The did keep the old pension plan and cut us a deal on the medical. Today I get my pension every month from B&W. :)

Ron