How to make gear for electric car ....??

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hi,

I am working on gear mechanism for controlling the two wheel at back of car with two DC motor of 24V .5HP......
so, no load RPM is 3000 i want to drive 15inch diameter wheel the front wheel are free. the required speed will be ~1meter/sec. not so fast
and RPM OF wheel at 100.

please help with these gear as worm have been constructed but the output at wheel is at 60RPM torque is very very less for driving the load of ~80kg.

Smoke_Maker

Joined Sep 24, 2007
Hi,

I am working on gear mechanism for controlling the two wheel at back of car with two DC motor of 24V .5HP......
so, no load RPM is 3000 i want to drive 15inch diameter wheel the front wheel are free. the required speed will be ~1meter/sec. not so fast
and RPM OF wheel at 100.

please help with these gear as worm have been constructed but the output at wheel is at 60RPM torque is very very less for driving the load of ~80kg.
I'm not sure you can do this mechanically, not easily anyway. You can do this electronically though. Build a motor controller for constant power regardless of the motor speed, that way with one motor on each wheel they will provide the same forward power at each wheel regardless if one motor is spinning faster than the other.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
if your attempting your reduction with a single worm, your efficiencies are out the door. I'd also recommed a chain/sprocket reduction, and reasonably good quality bike parts would easily drive your load.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
I am working on gear mechanism for controlling the two wheel at back of car with two DC motor of 24V .5HP.....
HI,

I have tested motor at 24V it consume 6Amp on full load when two are connected it takes 12amp so, i think it is of ~144watt