How to make a doorbell "jammer"? :)

Rallen

Joined Mar 1, 2009
Hey there.

I've just got a weird idea.

The way I understand a wireless doorbell it works by;

a) A circuit which sends a radiosignal on a given frequency by the press of a button.

b) Another circuit which receives the radiosignal on the frequency, and triggers a speaker with the sound of a bell.

Now what I'm thinking is .. If all the sender does is to send a signal, and dont send a special code or anything, it must be possible to design a circuit which send signals on all the frequencies used by standard doorbells, and that way making every single doorbell in the neighbourhood ring for a little fun? :)

Any ideas on this? I've just had a look inside my own doorbell to find a sender called "SMH433F8", but can't find any datasheets about it. What might this be? :)

If someone knows the exacty ranges used by doorbells, i would be happy to know about those also.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Yep, and if the FCC or whoever is in your area finds you your pockets will be a little more empty, and maybe you get some free room and board. This is deliberate obstruction of the airwaves.

I don't know, but I suspect modern doorbells are a lot like garage door openers, they probably have a digital code to cull through the static and people trying your trick. It's not hard, currently chips exist that have everything included on them.

Rallen

Joined Mar 1, 2009
Yep, and if the FCC or whoever is in your area finds you your pockets will be a little more empty, and maybe you get some free room and board. This is deliberate obstruction of the airwaves.

I don't know, but I suspect modern doorbells are a lot like garage door openers, they probably have a digital code to cull through the static and people trying your trick. It's not hard, currently chips exist that have everything included on them.
Hehe. Fortunately I live in Denmark, so when someone finds it in my pocket they'll most likely just have a laugh and confiscate it :)

Can you link to those chips you talk about?