How to make a Darlington pull down

rubicon99

Joined Apr 19, 2012
I am using a PSOC 1 device(8Y8C27643) that is powered by 3.3 volts, attached is the schematic. The ULN2003 is right not doing the switching but I can't use this current design cause attaching a load when I get a high output will divide the voltage. Pretty much the microprocessor will give a signal and I just want to amply the signal if I want it at an "ON" state or 0 volts if it is at an "OFF" state. This project has about 8 ouputs coming out of the ULN2003. My schmatic is attached.

Attachments

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
I am using a PSOC 1 device(8Y8C27643) that is powered by 3.3 volts, attached is the schematic. The ULN2003 is right not doing the switching but I can't use this current design cause attaching a load when I get a high output will divide the voltage. Pretty much the microprocessor will give a signal and I just want to amply the signal if I want it at an "ON" state or 0 volts if it is at an "OFF" state. This project has about 8 ouputs coming out of the ULN2003. My schmatic is attached.
What do you mean,
attaching a load when I get a high output will divide the voltage.
:confused:
You say you want to switch in a few hundred nanoseconds or less. In another thread, you ask about electromechanical relays. These take milliseconds to switch.
What are your real needs?
Can you control the switch with a low output from the controller instead of a high output?

rubicon99

Joined Apr 19, 2012
I guess the switching time isn't too important. A millisecond would do. The faster the better. I just want to turn off and on a device. There might be as many as eight devices that I am connecting to. To power the device would need 12-24 volts.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
From my last post:
Can you control the switch with a low output from the controller instead of a high output?
You may have answered this already, but I don't want to go back through the entire thread.:rolleyes:

rubicon99

Joined Apr 19, 2012
In the current design I can give a logic low and get a high output and vice versa. That would work too. Either way is fine.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
In the current design I can give a logic low and get a high output and vice versa. That would work too. Either way is fine.
In other words, you can program your controller to output a low or a high when you want the switch to turn on. Is that true?

The only reason I'm asking is this: The circuit I gave you turns on the PNP in response to a high from the controller. It will switch within a few microseconds max.
If you need it to be faster, I can give you a circuit that will switch in less than a microsecond, but it requires a logic low from the controller, and the controller output will be loaded to the point where it can only control one such circuit.

In response to one of your questions, the PN2907 can handle more current than a 2N3906.