How to make 2 player quiz buzzer

sudhirpratapyadav

Joined Jul 24, 2014
How do i make 2 player quiz buzzer circuit with AND OR NOT gates only
condition is that if one presses buzzer first other should be disabled
i dont and any reset button if it is complicated but if it can be done with AND NOT OR gates only then you may give reset button
please upload circuit diagram
thanks in advance

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
You can make NAND gates with an AND gate with a NOT gate on its output. From NAND gates, you can make a flip flop. Feed each button through an AND gate then to the flip flop. Feed each Q output to an indicator that shows who pressed their button first. Each Q' output to another AND gate. The output of this AND gate feeds the input of the individual button AND gates. This locks out further input.

A reset button releases this lock and blanks all of the indicators.

My project uses a D flip flop ( which you can make with NAND gates) and AND gates. It is for four players, but the concept can be used for two players as described here. This is a link to the game circuit project.

sudhirpratapyadav

Joined Jul 24, 2014
Please upload circuit diagram i need it very much i have basic knowledge of gates but dont know about flip flop
please help me i have to submit it tommorow
thanks in advance

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
It sure sounds like this is homework.

Next, you need to read Posting Questions in the Homework Help Forum. You need to show your work and we can help resolve any problems. As it is, I have supplied a schematic for a similar circuit. I also pointed you to a technique for making a flip flop from the gates you have. A simple Google search will result in a schematic and truth table.

This site doesn't have a "Homework Done for You". Now it's up to you.

Last edited:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
only gates?

how do you expect to indicate result? heat from the chip?
In the list from his/her prior post, there are LEDs in the list. Maybe s/he is counting that as a gate? In any case, the list doesn't have any current limiting nor pull up/down resistors and s/he may need a couple more switches.