How to kill White Noise & Burst Noise??

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
If you are sure your voltage source in not responsible, then examine your grounding closely. That is a common way for noise to get into otherwise bulletproof designs.

Also suspect your power supply filter caps. High resistance(from old or cheap caps) could also cause noise in outputs

Joined Nov 30, 2010
This is a good design. If all else fails, you might have to consider that the chip has gone bad. I have actually seen a perfectly good amplifier get noisy because of the chip. They don't always quit completely.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
The datasheet shows pretty low noise when the gain is 2 but your gain is 10 and the datasheet shows then the noise level is 10 times (20dB) higher.

Why is your schematic all spread out and an awful looking negative image? I fixed it.

Attachments

canodw

Joined Mar 29, 2011
This is a good design. If all else fails, you might have to consider that the chip has gone bad. I have actually seen a perfectly good amplifier get noisy because of the chip. They don't always quit completely.
This is one of my findings during testing, when I disconnect the audio source the speaker don't produce any noise. But when I connect the line to the source without playing any music the speaker produces noise and when I play music the noise is not present. What do you think? Does the source (audio codec) creates noise?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
It sounds to me as if your audio source has an automatic gain control; when no music is playing, the gain is increased until you hear noise. When music starts playing, the gain is decreased so you no longer hear the noise.

You need to figure out a way to disable that AGC circuit in the source. There is not a good way to eliminate the noise once it gets to your amplifier.

canodw

Joined Mar 29, 2011
It sounds to me as if your audio source has an automatic gain control; when no music is playing, the gain is increased until you hear noise. When music starts playing, the gain is decreased so you no longer hear the noise.

You need to figure out a way to disable that AGC circuit in the source. There is not a good way to eliminate the noise once it gets to your amplifier.
Actually when I play music directly from the codec without amplifier the noise is not noticeable at the speaker (using large speaker), the audio sounds good. After I place an amplifier after codec there is a noise I need higher sound level thats why I put an amplifier. I think Audioguru is right.

My audio codec doesn't have AGC, please help me to eliminate this noise. Many thanks.