How to invert PWM signal ? If expert have some sound solution please suggest me ..

imran4159

Joined Jan 19, 2018
Our project is to design 1KW inverter.
For that we are busy to design a simple 200W full-Bridge inverter (After that we will incease its rating to 1kW).. So we need a 2 PWM signals with 180 degree phase change and having dead time.. We generate 2 PWM signal using arduino ,but it does not work too drive 4 MOSFETs .. now we ae trying to do it with 555 timer ,, with 555 timer we can generate 2 PWM signals using 2 555 timer ..but with 0 degree phase difference and no dead time .
Can any one help in this regard .. or can give us some smart solution... I shall be very thanks full to him ...

i hope you would understand my question .... :)

imran4159

Joined Jan 19, 2018
@arunpradh thanks for helping me ...
can we please contact through email ...
if so (this is my email:
Thanks.

Mod Edit:
Deleted your email address, to prevent you from being spammed.

Last edited by a moderator:

imran4159

Joined Jan 19, 2018
I am designing inverter ... for that i need PWM signal to switch MOSFET .. i generate 10kHz PWM using 555 timer .. but i also need an inverted PWM to switch alternate MOSFET ..
Experts are requested to suggest me the easy way ..as i am beginner..
Thanks in advance

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
I'm sorry to say, if you don't know how to invert a signal, what hope do you have to design an inverter?
Starting your electronics adventure with something simpler is a better idea.
Also, it is a good idea to just ask your question once, not keep posting new threads for the same topic.

Last edited:

smooth_jamie

Joined Jan 4, 2017
I am designing inverter ... for that i need PWM signal to switch MOSFET .. i generate 10kHz PWM using 555 timer .. but i also need an inverted PWM to switch alternate MOSFET ..
Experts are requested to suggest me the easy way ..as i am beginner..
Thanks in advance
In simple applications you can simply use a NOT logic gate. You should have a look on Google and search the forums there is alot of good information already available on NOT gates. Members are more likely to help you if they seen you have made an effort to do this first. It's also good to see what existing work you have already done and where you've got stuck, then people can help you with a specific problem.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Simply inverting the PWM may not be enough for an inverter design. Since MOSFETs have gate capacitance they take a certain amount of time to switch on or off, so you have to take care that the 'on' times of both MOSFETs don't overlap, or else you get damaging 'shoot-through' currents. It is common practice to avoid shoot-through by introducing a brief (a few micro-seconds) 'dead-time' between switching off one MOSFET and switching on the other.