How to identify various transformers

Gdrumm

Joined Aug 29, 2008
Does anyone know of a web site which describes (with photos) and identifies (by number) various transformers?

Thanks,
Gary

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
There are so many different functions transformers perform, so many manufacturers with their own standards, and so many different sizes in each category that something like what you want seems highly unlikely.

Have you some specific application in mind?

Gdrumm

Joined Aug 29, 2008
For example, what numbering conventions might I find on a transformer that goes to:

1. An entertainment system amplifier
2. An automotive battery charger
3. A microwave oven (high voltage)
4. A small appliance
5. Any other household items with transformers

Thanks,
Gary

In all the years I have worked with transformers, I have never heard of or seen a convention. Every manufacturer uses his own codes for his own products, that is, if he actually bothers. Quite often there are no codes except a company stock code, typically for microwves etc.

since there is a topic on transformers, can I ask is there any type of isolation transformers that would accept a 50mVp-p sine wave at the primary side? also, the primary side impedence would have to be more than 8ohm.

Thanks!

Gdrumm

Joined Aug 29, 2008
I have Googled and Ebayed, but am coming up dry.

Do these numbers from two of my transformers represent anything to anyone on this forum? They are both fairly heavy, 5-10 lbs.

83-830-000 KPS My93

83-490-000 YWEC -09

Thanks,
Gary