how to get rid of bing when i put pc to sleep and sign back in Win 10?

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
It should go to the windows desktop. If it is going to bing you have it set to do so and need to change it. Type make google default in the start search block in the lower left of your screen. Good luck!

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
It should go to the windows desktop. If it is going to bing you have it set to do so and need to change it. Type make google default in the start search block in the lower left of your screen. Good luck!
Thanks mate; i have it set on Chrome default,i don't see nothing related to bing ,bing it's part Edge browser ,but i never use wedge, bing only shows up when i return from sleep.
it only

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
I'm using version 1909 version, i did what is in this video but no avail. There is also video instructions on version 1903 that worked for some folks,i guess you are right it's embedded on these late versions windows,but only comes up if pc goes to sleep to login in back up,i guess i have to live with it,it only gets annoying i get to exit it out,i never use windows web browser.i like Chrome because i can get add blocks and in windows web browser they don't have it.I don't understand why windows try to make us use their bing crap this way,
this is bullshit,if i could use 1903 version and it would not havve this biong shit i would go back,but i'm afraid most update software will not be there?

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Thanks mate; i think i fix it, turned off lock screen,now when i go to sleep and re-login it comes up with this fix background
pic, i log in and it goes to windows screen,if i go to sleep with chrome page after i click on the back ground it goes to chrome page, no more bing .

Attachments

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Windows has officially turned into Spyware/Garbage that is much worse than Android.
I thrashed though the Spyware and Automatic Installations for 2 months, it's not worth it.
I am back to running Win 7 Pro, and I now have zero issues.
Sorry, that's just the way it is.
BTW, get rid of Chrome and install Brave Browser, (which is based on Chrome), you'll be glad you did.