How to Get GS-065-060-5-T-A model .olb file in Orcad Capture Pspice ? There is only .lib file .

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
to place a model in pspice .olb file is necessary
How exactly does it facilitate the process? I ask because I do not see other manufacturers with Pspice models offering .olb files. In fact I've never heard of them, so I am naturally curious. The .lib file which you downloaded is an ordinary text files which likely contains multiple .subckt blocks that the spice engine uses to simulate parts.

Ali Z

Joined Mar 22, 2022
How exactly does it facilitate the process? I ask because I do not see other manufacturers with Pspice models offering .olb files. In fact I've never heard of them, so I am naturally curious. The .lib file which you downloaded is an ordinary text files which likely contains multiple .subckt blocks that the spice engine uses to simulate parts.
https://www.st.com/en/diodes-and-rectifiers/stth6010-y.html#cad-resources
for example in this website for this model there is .olb and .lib file .
you can see at the bottom page spice model part

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
https://www.st.com/en/diodes-and-rectifiers/stth6010-y.html#cad-resources
for example in this website for this model there is .olb and .lib file .
you can see at the bottom page spice model part
Yes, thanks for the link. Well yeah. The .olb file is a binary file the like of which I have not seen before in a spice context. I guess if you need it to work with your simulator you need to bug the manufacturer of the parts for it. they may or may not have it. They may also ignore you if they have other items on their plate. You might have to get used to disappointment. There is probably a free spice program you can use if you just want to be become familiar with the parts.

EDIT: The .lib is indeed a text file as I suspected was the case for the .lib file mentioned in the original post.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I took a look at the file from GaN systems. there is a .pdf manual and many examples of using their libraries with LTspice. One of the free simulators I mentioned in a previous post. There are also LTspice compatible symbols in the .rar file. The following paragraph caught my eye.

3.2. Pspice model files setup
The Pspice model file is in .lib format. Before implementing the Pspice model-based simulation circuit, the Pspice model files need to be installed into the user’s Pspice simulation tool library. A symbol can be created automatically for the users when associating the models and symbols.

This paragraph mentions installation, but not .olb files. It seems odd they would write the paragraph that way and not provide the .olb file if it is actually required. I'm not a pspice user so I can't quite untangle this. Maybe call them and ask them if they have it.

A couple more questions.
  1. Is there a tool that can be used to create an .olb file that you are aware of?
  2. Who would normally have access to such a tool?
I'm sure this thread will be valuable to other users if we can find the answer.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
If I remember correctly, pspice uses olb files as libraries, i.e. collections of part symbols and models. The lib file contains only the spice model, do you need to google a way to use that in he simulation directly or how to create a schematic symbol for the part and link it to the lib file.

Ali Z

Joined Mar 22, 2022
If I remember correctly, pspice uses olb files as libraries, i.e. collections of part symbols and models. The lib file contains only the spice model, do you need to google a way to use that in he simulation directly or how to create a schematic symbol for the part and link it to the lib file.
I need .olb file to add symbol to pspice like a resistor or inductance or diode ... for creating a circuit and then simulate it. All parts are .olb format. That's why I need its .olb format file to add this GaN transistor in my circuit and then simulate it.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I need .olb file to add symbol to pspice like a resistor or inductance or diode ... for creating a circuit and then simulate it. All parts are .olb format. That's why I need its .olb format file to add this GaN transistor in my circuit and then simulate it.
I don't think that is the correct view of the situation. I think you can create your own symbol and use the library in text format. You might have to dig through the documentation and expend some effort. The material from GaN Systems suggests as much. Maybe you could call GaN Systems and ask for guidance.

Ali Z

Joined Mar 22, 2022
I don't think that is the correct view of the situation. I think you can create your own symbol and use the library in text format. You might have to dig through the documentation and expend some effort. The material from GaN Systems suggests as much. Maybe you could call GaN Systems and ask for guidance.
yeah I sent them mail and waiting their answer.