How to get a job in semiconductor manufacturing companies like maxim integrated,texas instrument,etc

ashokraj

Joined Feb 1, 2018
I would like to get a job in the core field of electronics industry, like semiconductor/ electronic manufacturing companies. but i do not know how to get a job in big companies like the following: Intel, HP, AMAZON, MI, TI, Microchip, etc.

From my past experience, till now i have changed two jobs, the funny part of the story is; I have applied for more than 300 jobs before getting my first job i have not get at any response from them like we will schedule you for an interview or anything like that, i always got an automated messages only. the 2 jobs i have got are directly from a recruiter calling me only. it is more like these 2 jobs have found me but i have not got the job which I would like to have. right now, I am still looking to work for my dream jobs. I would like to know how can i get placed in big companies ?

From my past i am with an impression that no body sees the resume we submit in online application. It is more like a black hole. but if we get a call from recruiting/ staffing agencies there is a higher chance of getting employed. so any tips from experts please??

Thanks,
Ashok

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
so any tips from experts please??
For all but one of my job interviews, I had a reference from an instructor, graduate from my school, or a colleague. Do you know anyone working at the companies you want to work for that would give you a referral? A word of caution, while I was working, I gave very few recommendations and only for people who I knew were well qualified.

ashokraj

Joined Feb 1, 2018
For all but one of my job interviews, I had a reference from an instructor, graduate from my school, or a colleague. Do you know anyone working at the companies you want to work for that would give you a referral? A word of caution, while I was working, I gave very few recommendations and only for people who I knew were well qualified.
Unfortunately, I do not know any one from that company. Now what are my options :-( ?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Unfortunately, I do not know any one from that company. Now what are my options :-( ?
Do some networking. See if someone you know knows someone at one of the companies you want to work at. Use those contacts to find more contacts who might be able to help you.

I know companies like Intel have internal referral programs that give hiring bonuses to employees who refer people who are hired to critical positions. If you can find someone to give you a referral, you can short circuit the process. But, as I said, some people can be very conservative in giving referrals. I was because it only takes a small number of bad referrals to damage their own credibility.

If you're sending out a generic resume, consider tailoring some for specific jobs.