How to generate DC 3V and 3mA current from 230V AC supply?

mayurdehedkar

Joined Jan 12, 2014
Considering a variable voltage say 0 to 3V how to design circuit? I mean can you give me the diagram if the resistance of the liquid is considered zero.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
There is an experiment in which cancer cells (in vitro)were treated with 1.5V to 3 V DC power supply with 3mA current. at higher current more than 20mA electrolysis takes place but at low current only enzyme -ribonucleotide reductase is inhibited and cell dies without producing toxicity. Hence 1.5V to 3 V DC power supply with 3mA current is required.
My guess is that this is not your original research. Can you post links to the references you are using.

Ken

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
For some reason my albums are full and I can't post any more pictures.

Search for constant current regulator and design for 3mA fixed current.

Then limit the input voltage to 3V.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
You cannot generally specify both voltage AND current, as this leave no degrees of freedom. In response to an applied voltage, a load will draw the current it does, as dictated by a number of internal factors; conductivity, cross sectional area and so on. You can instead control the current by varying the voltage, raising or lowering the voltage to get the required current. Only in a very narrow set of conditions will you have your 3mA driven into the load within the voltage range you cite. You would need to reproduce the cited conditions, and this means you'll need similar electrodes, distance between electrodes, and so on.
JFETs make good current limiters if you connect the gate & source together, but they have pretty loose parameter spreads. Better predictability can be had by selecting a part with higher Idss and putting a volt-drop resistor in the source lead, with the gate connected to the bottom of the resistor a negative WRT source gate voltage causes limiting at lower than the stated Idss.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I guess he is looking for a power supply with 3V output and 3mA limit.

Mayur, could you post a link to the paper with the explicit requiriments? Not an abstract please.

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
Considering a variable voltage say 0 to 3V how to design circuit? I mean can you give me the diagram if the resistance of the liquid is considered zero.
Unfortunately, what you are asking is not possible.:(

What you need is easy enough to do. It needs to be asked (specified) by someone who understands basic electrical.

It is not possible to build a circuit that supplies 3mA and 3volts.

If you want to supply 3mA at 3volts the resistance must be 1000 ohms.

Only two of the three can be specified.

If you supply 3volts from a battery source, then measure mA, you will adjust the mA by the electrode surface area and strength of the solution.

The mA could also be supplied, and adjustment of the electrodes would set the 3 volts.

The first is the common method. Also safest.

Please don't try anything connected to the body supplied by mains in any fashion.

You should be safe with small 3 volt battery, unless it's swallowed. IMHO:)

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
I think we're in the snake oil zone here. Shades of other "alternate cancer cures"...like the "Zapper". The Home page for his reference:
http://www.cancer-treatment.net/index.htm The Testimonial and Communication letters sound more like polite 'go away' messages than any support. The electrical parameters in the references...specific currents at specific voltages...what this thread is all about, indicate bogus science.

Ken
23 years in Medical Electronics

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
I helped repair a local chiropractor's "cancer cure machine" many years ago.

It not only used specific levels to kill cells, it used certain frequency combinations to target cell types.

He was a big believer.
In spite of the machine he lost relatives to cancer. It's sad, but I don't think anyone was hurt.:(

Dave_UYZ

Joined Jan 16, 2014
I have been reading this interesting debate and I reckon the answer is a PSU with a method of setting both the current and the voltage.
Such circuits can be found in many of the "Voltage Regulator" books, which an LM317 is set up to control current and another straight after to determine the output voltage.
Given suitable and accurate metering, the device could be set up for all the supplies suggested in the paper by Kulsh.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I have been reading this interesting debate and I reckon the answer is a PSU with a method of setting both the current and the voltage.
Such circuits can be found in many of the "Voltage Regulator" books, which an LM317 is set up to control current and another straight after to determine the output voltage.
Given suitable and accurate metering, the device could be set up for all the supplies suggested in the paper by Kulsh.

Could you show a concrete example (circuit) of what you say?

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
I helped repair a local chiropractor's "cancer cure machine" many years ago.

It not only used specific levels to kill cells, it used certain frequency combinations to target cell types.

He was a big believer.
In spite of the machine he lost relatives to cancer. It's sad, but I don't think anyone was hurt.:(
Search for Rife and Crane - the web is flooded with info on "magic" frequency combinations for every imaginable illness.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
so, take a piezo from a gas lighter, apply a creme, and repeat pushing the piezo. The cancer cells will die.

Its hard for me to understand why these sparks wont do a thing but a 3v button cell with a 1k resistor will actually cure cancer.

Whats most rediculos is why OP wants a 250 volts mains.

a 9v battery will last quite a while to produce 3v at low current. and these batteries are around for quite a long while.

But then the cure or the device for the cure will cost 800 dollar.