how to find old parts or ones not listed anywhere? Like this?

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
"That much I understand. But the ma3p would be the range it can oscillate.. right? like 10 to 164mzh.."

No.

It oscillates at 12.0 MHz. You might pull it a few kHz. But not much. You could pull some harmonics off.

Or divide it. Chop it.

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
My impression from the TXC website is that it is nothing more than a production code of some sort. There website is petty bad. The datasheets seem to be individual pages from a catalog, but I can't find a link to the full catalog which might explain markings.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
That much I understand. But the ma3p would be the range it can oscillate.. right? like 10 to 164mzh..
No! The frequency of the oscillator is not adjustable, it is 12.000 MHz, meaning that it is within 1000 Hz of that frequency. It is possible to purchase similar modules for different frequencies, but not to change the frequencies. READ the manufacturers specifications and you will understand. And the MAP3 is a date code used for quality control purposes.

alex26i

Joined Oct 16, 2018
No! The frequency of the oscillator is not adjustable, it is 12.000 MHz, meaning that it is within 1000 Hz of that frequency. It is possible to purchase similar modules for different frequencies, but not to change the frequencies. READ the manufacturers specifications and you will understand. And the MAP3 is a date code used for quality control purposes.

Thank you for the info. It was super helpful for me.