How to design the 3 phase delta connection energy meter

vinoth.ganesan

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Hi All,
I am planning to design the energy meter for 3 phase delta connection to monitor the voltage and current of delta induction motor runs at 415V.

So there is no ground or neutral. how to calculate the voltage and current.

and which current sensor is suiable to use in particular one.Shunt, current transformer, rogeswaki coil and hall effect sensor.

I am waiting for your response.

Thanks and regards,
Vinoth G.:)

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The simple approach would be to assume the three legs are equal and just measure across one of them. Or measure 2 voltages and calculate the 3rd, or measure all 3. I'd recommend Hall effect for measuring current, which I suppose you'd apply to the summed current.

vinoth.ganesan

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Hi Wayney,
Thanks for the valuable comment. If you have any schematic or reference plz share it to me. Still i have confuse to measure the voltage and curent.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
This is a high voltage (=dangerous) application that I don't feel comfortable saying much more about. Perhaps if you can provide more details about your equipment, others here will have suggestions on how to proceed safely.

vinoth.ganesan

Joined Aug 9, 2010
Actually I am working in Corporate company, One of our customer requries 3 phase energy meter. I did nt have much idea about that. For Safety consideration we will consider.

I have one idea, taking 1 phase energy meter IC and connecting to calculate three phase reading. plz suggest.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Post a schematic of what you are thinking of. Experts here may advise.

Not my area, but if you are really just interested in energy, can't you measure RMS voltage of the output and the combined output current? The fact that it is one phase or three phase or multi-phased really doesn't matter.