how to design parallel j k flip-flop counter 0-9

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Can you be more specific? A logic arrangement that takes data in parallel is a register. A counter indicates events that occur in a sequence. Have you looked at the data sheet for an existing counter (if that is what you want) like a 7490? That is a BCD counter.

mohsen

Joined Oct 24, 2008
Well he asked us to do jk flip flop connected in series and do another on connected in parallel. That count from 0-9 and I have done the series one but I don't know how to do the parallel one.

mohsen

Joined Oct 24, 2008
no, he want us to design parallel and series counter from 0-9 buy using j k flip-flop
as i said i have done the series counter need help in the parallel counter.
any ideas

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
no, he want us to design parallel and series counter from 0-9 buy using j k flip-flop
as i said i have done the series counter need help in the parallel counter.
any ideas
Here is one definition of a parallel counter.
An (n, m) parallel counter is a circuit with n inputs that produces an m-bit binary count of the number of its inputs that are ONEs.
Unfortunately, you have to pay EUR 34.00 to read the entire article.

I don't see why a parallel counter (with this definition) would need flip-flops. It seems to me that it would be combinational logic. There may be other definitions for parallel counter. As beenthere suggested, I believe that parallel-load counters are sometimes called parallel counters.