How to deal with feeling of not wanting to learn anything?

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
You could be suffering from depression. Your doctor is unqualified to treat this condition, but he should at least give you a referral to a psychologist or psychiatrist. They'll be qualified to diagnose whether it's depression or anxiety. Knowing which it is, they can formulate a plan to help you while recommending the proper medication. A psychiatrist can write a prescription, but a psychologist can't. The same goes for dosage because it's trial and error to find the right amount.
This is what I said earlier. I went through the same issue and depression is what it turned out to be. First, get a therapist. Besides a psychologist, you could find a LSW. Usually once you have a therapist, they’ll refer you to a psychiatrist to manage your meds. I saw a therapist every two weeks. I saw my psychiatrist once every two months. The process can take a year or two so don’t give up. You may find relief in a month or two, but if you quit your problems will come back quickly.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
I am Computer Engineering student and burnout is really a huge issue for me. I keep getting burn out(IDK the exact word for this tbh)

.. I will explain this feeling. I feel like doing really nothing. I don't even want to open anything to read. I simply stay idle. I watch youtube videos. I watch reddit discussions and just waste my time. I simply don't want to do anything. This type of feeling generally keeps happening to me. Specially during exams. Our exams are 1 month long and they keep happening for at least 2 exams with some gap of 14 days i guess.

I don't know if this is burnout or what? Is this brain fog or what? But basically my mind stops doing things that I need to do(study).

My medical conditions-:
https://medicalsciences.stackexchange.com/questions/30587/what-am-i-medicating-for

I have added proate 500 after telling my doctor that I suffer from continuous burnout, feeling like doing nth and so on. I am simply idle. It is not like I don't feel fear. Even if I feel fear, I feel like doing nth. I have already consulted doctor and doctor just gives me medicines and nth more. So hope people here will be considerate and give tips independent or dependent my medical conditions.
Why are you in computer engineering?

There are points in our lives when we need to stop and reevaluate how we got there and where we are going. This is hard to do as we are caught up in our own actions. Life sometimes will teach us the hard way. I personally learned the hard way. I pressed on in school through classes that I hated because they were required and ended up paying for it with my health.

You have to figure out what in life makes you content. This is difficult. This also will not come from a doctor or a therapist.

Some comments on school - if you are pursuing a subject of passion, there will be requirements that are not of your liking/aptitude. It is not something you can escape. This is life in general, no matter what you do there will be things that you just have to get through.

As a side note, i find that in western society much damage has been done by pushing the concept that you must do what you love. You work to live, you do not live to work.