How to cycle through a 1 of 10 battery charger?

Paulelder

Joined Mar 22, 2020
The basic schematic is attached.

Only one relay and LED w/resistor is shown for simplicity's sake; the rest are just duplicates of what is shown.

Note that the Vdd and Vss pins of the 4017 are not shown; but documented.

Ignore the pin numbers for the relay coil. I do not know which relays you are using; so you can figure those out yourself. If you connect the relay coils up backwards, you will probably damage either the relay's diode or the ULN2803A IC.
Hello are you still in this chat room I have a question can you draw a schematic of a 4017 controlling 10 relays and the switch each time a battery is charged to a set voltage I need to charge 10 battery’s one at a time and when it is fully charged to move to the next and so on till it get to ten then a rest to start over

Paulelder

Joined Mar 22, 2020
You can dim an LED using PWM (pulse-width modulation). There is no need to switch different resistors.
Hello are you still in this chat room I have a question can you draw a schematic of a 4017 controlling 10 relays and the switch each time a battery is charged to a set voltage I need to charge 10 battery’s one at a time and when it is fully charged to move to the next and so on till it get to ten then a rest to start over

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Please start a new thread if this subject matter is different from the current thread. I can move it to a new thread for you.

Paulelder

Joined Mar 22, 2020
furst I will be using 12 dc to run circuit and 10 battery’s they are to be charged to 13.5 volts and I have a charging circuit set to 14 volts each battery will have a relay to it from charge circuit and the 4017 will turn on one relay at a time till that battery is charged to a set voltage the move to next really till it charge and move to net and so on till all ten are charged the start again if first pack it dead again or wait till needed

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Your question is missing a lot of detail.

What type of battery?
What capacity (amp-hour rating)?
What if a battery pack has failed and it never charges up to the trip voltage level?

ak

Paulelder

Joined Mar 22, 2020
Alex can you use a 4017 to turn each one on and how to select each relay and the push button would be a auto on / off level circuit that is set able to a voltage that you want to charge to it would have to look at the battery at same time to see how charged it is till it reaches the set voltage then switch the 4017 to next realy

Paulelder

Joined Mar 22, 2020
Your question is missing a lot of detail.

What type of battery?
What capacity (amp-hour rating)?
What if a battery pack has failed and it never charges up to the trip voltage level?

ak
They are lithium and there are 15600 mah and at 12 volt it would be either set able in voltage and or time if it didn’t charge

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Something we don't mind doing is helping someone solve a problem. However, what some of us here don't particularly care for is someone asking for us to engineer a circuit for them.

There are ways that come to mind to solve your problem, that is as far as I can GUESS at what you're working with. But guesses and glue don't always make things stick together. It would be better if you first formulated an idea and put it on paper. Then ask if you're on the right track. We can guide you, but (probably) we won't lead you.

It starts with a drawing of some sort. Details are important. Otherwise you're just asking us to imagine perfect scenario's where you take a thing and hook it to a thing to make a new thing. But what's a "Thing"? We don't really know.