How to create a copper from PCB using EAGLE

dreamcatcher

Joined Jan 5, 2010
I mean the image that i'll print it and take it to the shop to make the PCB.
i've joined an example of a copper image and what you can get from EAGLE.
thank you for your help

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
It is called a copper pour. The newer versions of Eagle Help give a good description. Basically, you outline where you want the pour using the polygon tool (which appears usually as a dotted line). It has to be a closed polygon, obviously. Name it with the net you want, often GND. Then just click on the ratsnest and it fills in. You have to set some variables, like thermals (usually on), separation, line width, orphans (poured areas without connection to that net), and miter.

I suggest just playing with it. As you get more advanced, you can have multiple pours contiguous with different nets and keep them separate by using different priorities. You can use the information (i) icon to modify the variables after you do a pour. It is a quick and easy way to see what effects various changes will have. You left click on the polygon outline to enter that dialog. You won't be able to see the polygon anymore once you make a pour, so just click on where the outline would have been.

John

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
ok but how can i get a clear monochrom picture to print it out and make from it the bord (PCB physically not in the software)?
Absolutely, that is handled in the print dialog for Eagle. Just check the box that says "black."

This is one situation where a little experimentation can save days of dialog. For example, the technique to modify the pour variables using the information dialog is not documented in the manual, I believe. Jump in and get your feet wet. The water is fine and there are no sharks.

John