How to convert the outputs from the AD8232 ECG modules back to the raw ECG millivolts (mV)

Dev_Engineering

Joined May 1, 2022
I have been working with the AD8232 ECG modules for a while now and I am trying to figure out what the raw ECG outputs from this module correlate to. I cannot seem to find any information from their datasheets as to what these output values represent and how I can go about converting them into millivolts (mV). It currently outputs analog values but essentially I want to know if there is a calculation to reverse these outputs back to the raw ECG that would have passed into the device.

Any assistance or guidance in converting these values to mV would be greatly appreciated.

For reference, here is a link to the datasheet: https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/ad8232.pdf

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I want to know if there is a calculation to reverse these outputs back to the raw ECG that would have passed into the device.
It would appear that IC output is just an amplified version of the mV ECG signal, minus any noise or other signal artifacts.
Why do you think otherwise?

Dev_Engineering

Joined May 1, 2022
It would appear that IC output is just an amplified version of the mV ECG signal, minus any noise or other signal artifacts.
Why do you think otherwise?
Many medical grade ECG's output in a range +/-3mV. I am not sure how to derive a negative mV value from the analog output (if this is even possible). This range is how doctors read ECG's and I would require my outputs to match.