how to convert from resistor switch to normal switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralfberserk

Joined Jul 29, 2013
I have a problem and I don´t know how to solve it:

I need to adapt a OEM cruise control switch for my car. The switch only have 2 wires and is resistor signal based, every switch function (on, set, resume, cancel) produces a different resistance signal.

On the other hand, i have a cruise control unit which works with a traditioonal open/close switch with 4 wires for the same functions.

How can I change from resistor type signals to open close? I would like to use an original switch on my car and not an aftermarket, which would be easier of course, but it´s not the same. Modify the original switch is not an option because I can´t add more wires through the clock spring in the steering wheel.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks

Ralf

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Unfortunately, discussions of automotive modifications are not allowed here, per the ToS. You can expect the thread to be closed shortly, but the closing message will include a link to other forums that are receptive to this kind of discussion.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics.

The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus