How to control speed and direction rotating for 180Vdc motor

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
This is the gist of it, the pic I used was a 18F23K22.
Using the full bridge PWM module.
The top Mosfet is PWM modulated and the opposing bottom Mosfet has the full on signal, this is in order to enable the charge pump feature of the IR2110.
Max.

Attachments

BENGKEL PC

Joined Oct 2, 2017
This is the gist of it, the pic I used was a 18F23K22.
Using the full bridge PWM module.
The top Mosfet is PWM modulated and the opposing bottom Mosfet has the full on signal, this is in order to enable the charge pump feature of the IR2110.
Max.
Thank you for your share. but on TMmotorl.jpg not clear of the picture. i would ask how many volt on Vdd or please send any picture clearly.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I have it in Kicad SCH file if you are able to read it I could ZIP it.
For this motor I used the 120VAC rectified, so if you use 240VAC supply you would need to size the DC and switching devices accordingly
Max.

-live wire-

Joined Dec 22, 2017
Hello guys, i need help how to control speed and direction rotating for 180 vdc motor with H-Brigde mosfet from Arduino ( PWM ). Thank you.
The simplest way, if you do not really care about power losses and do not absolutely need it to be PWM, is a switch with 2 on positions and a potentiometer (both rated for it). You might want to consider this.

BENGKEL PC

Joined Oct 2, 2017
I have it in Kicad SCH file if you are able to read it I could ZIP it.
For this motor I used the 120VAC rectified, so if you use 240VAC supply you would need to size the DC and switching devices accordingly
Max.
Hello Max,

what the mean of LOGIC SUPPLY on IR 2110. it must just connect to 5 volt from Arduino and have you success with that schematic. Because I already get all part of that schematic.. Thank you.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The input opto's you see are switched by 5v from a Picmicro, I used these for isolation from the rectified mains voltage and to allow 15v supply for the IR2110.
You can also supply the 5v to the IR2110 VDD if you wish, the VCC has to be 12vdc Minimum.
Max.

BENGKEL PC

Joined Oct 2, 2017
The input opto's you see are switched by 5v from a Picmicro, I used these for isolation from the rectified mains voltage and to allow 15v supply for the IR2110.
You can also supply the 5v to the IR2110 VDD if you wish, the VCC has to be 12vdc Minimum.
Max.
I will draw in proteus later and i will send and please help me to check it.thank you sir

BENGKEL PC

Joined Oct 2, 2017
Hello Max,

I already install KiCad Soft but I can't opened this file. But I have draw by my self on Proteus, and give me suggest this schematic will work well or not. Thank you for your attention,
Hello Max.. I would like to ask about PWM on arduino.. the PWM just with code analogWrite ( xxx); ?..because until now Iam not succes. Please help me. Thank you

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Hello Max.. I would like to ask about PWM on arduino.. the PWM just with code analogWrite ( xxx); ?..because until now Iam not succes. Please help me. Thank you
Which pin(s) have you tried. From the arduino reference:
On most Arduino boards (those with the ATmega168 or ATmega328P), this function works on pins 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, and 11. On the Arduino Mega, it works on pins 2 - 13 and 44 - 46. Older Arduino boards with an ATmega8 only support analogWrite() on pins 9, 10, and 11.
The Arduino DUE supports analogWrite() on pins 2 through 13, plus pins DAC0 and DAC1. Unlike the PWM pins, DAC0 and DAC1 are Digital to Analog converters, and act as true analog outputs.
You do not need to call pinMode() to set the pin as an output before calling analogWrite().
The PWM outputs generated on pins 5 and 6 will have higher-than-expected duty cycles. This is because of interactions with the millis() and delay() functions, which share the same internal timer used to generate those PWM outputs. This will be noticed mostly on low duty-cycle settings (e.g. 0 - 10) and may result in a value of 0 not fully turning off the output on pins 5 and 6.

BENGKEL PC

Joined Oct 2, 2017
Which pin(s) have you tried. From the arduino reference:
On most Arduino boards (those with the ATmega168 or ATmega328P), this function works on pins 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, and 11. On the Arduino Mega, it works on pins 2 - 13 and 44 - 46. Older Arduino boards with an ATmega8 only support analogWrite() on pins 9, 10, and 11.
The Arduino DUE supports analogWrite() on pins 2 through 13, plus pins DAC0 and DAC1. Unlike the PWM pins, DAC0 and DAC1 are Digital to Analog converters, and act as true analog outputs.
You do not need to call pinMode() to set the pin as an output before calling analogWrite().
The PWM outputs generated on pins 5 and 6 will have higher-than-expected duty cycles. This is because of interactions with the millis() and delay() functions, which share the same internal timer used to generate those PWM outputs. This will be noticed mostly on low duty-cycle settings (e.g. 0 - 10) and may result in a value of 0 not fully turning off the output on pins 5 and 6.
Thank you for your response. I have tried on pin 10 and 11 from arduino nano. I think my MOSFET driver not right. Because no response from HO and LO pin of IR2110. I get schematic from https://tahmidmc.blogspot.ca/2013/01/using-high-low-side-driver-ir2110-with.html

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I prefer the full bridge output from the Micro, this enables the bottom Mosfet to turn on full while PWM to the top charge pump producing output.
Max.