how to connect male to male wire terminal connectors (without soldering, at 20kV)?

genekuli

Joined Oct 21, 2018
i need to connect two of these diodes (attached picture) in series without soldering @ 20kV, 30mA "male to male".
i am looking for a direct connector/connection; as simple as possible without wire between connectors
no soldering, as it needs to be easily replaceable in seconds

Attachments

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
Only way would be with a short double female spade connector jumper. That would allow replacement without soldering. But, it would have to use a wire of some sort.

genekuli

Joined Oct 21, 2018
Only way would be with a short double female spade connector jumper. That would allow replacement without soldering. But, it would have to use a wire of some sort.
why they don't make a double female connector is what i am wondering

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
why they don't make a double female connector is what i am wondering
Low demand for such an animal. In fact, I've never seen any demand for such. Would cost way too much to tool up for and manufacture millions of them when only one person so far in my life has ever wanted or needed such.

If you MUST have it your way get a pack of these and solder the males together.

[edit] or a pack of these and trim off the extra tab.

JUST BE SURE TO GET THE RIGHT SIZE! [end edit]

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Cheaper still. Just get two of them and flatten out the crimp terminal portion. Then solder those together. Just don't let solder wick down into the connector body.

Flatten them out then wrap the overlapping crimp wings to each other, then solder.