how to connect a white 2-wire LED strip to a wifi-controller w 5 pins for RGBW strip lights?

caoboi

Joined Nov 23, 2019
hi everyone. i'm dipping my toe into basic electronics...starting with a backlit photo frame using LED strips. i could use some help connecting the DC receptacle of my white-only LED strip (non-RGB) which only has two (2) wires to a wifi controller with 5 pins intended for for RGBW strip lights. am i on the right track to use the 2-wire male DC adaptor shown? the controller does come with a needle with 10 pins (5 on each side). see photo for more details. any advice? thanks! :)

Attachments

oz93666

Joined Sep 7, 2010
So ... from the light you have 2 wires , one red , one black .... the Red one connects to the red marker on the box , the black wire connects to "W" on the box ....

The plugs don't seem compatible so you may have to cut off the ends on the red and black wires and solder onto 2 of the pins on the 5 pin connector then plug connector into box.

caoboi

Joined Nov 23, 2019
So ... from the light you have 2 wires , one red , one black .... the Red one connects to the red marker on the box , the black wire connects to "W" on the box ....

The plugs don't seem compatible so you may have to cut off the ends on the red and black wires and solder onto 2 of the pins on the 5 pin connector then plug connector into box.
okay, thanks. i guess the part i was missing was just having to solder the red and black wires onto 2 of the 5 pins. and now that you're saying the two ports are the ones marked with the 'red arrow' and the 'W' mark, it's seeming rather obvious. okay, thanks! i appreciate you taking the time to reply! have a nice weekend. -alan