how to combined the output from 100 coils into one home usable energy source ?

fisal

Joined Jul 3, 2010
if i have a generator with 100 output coils to generate electricity ,each one of these coils produce an average of 20V with with an average current of 10mA with .the generator is running at 1260 RPM.
ALL these coils are connected in parallel ,the wire gauge is 19 ,the magnet size is 1" for each coil .
how can combined all of that voltage and current to produce 110v with an average current of 40A?
i can add as much as need of coils and magnets.
Thanks

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Coils don't produce anything. Where is the energy coming from? An internal combustion engine?

Energy in, energy out. If the engine can't drive it you don't get anything. Generators don't generally match the description you gave.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Let's see - 100 coils, 10mA @ 20V RMS.
That's 20 Watts. P(Watts) = EI (voltage * current)
You want 110v * 40A = 4,400 Watts out.

How many more do you think you'd have to add?

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009

Not to even mention conversion efficiency or mechanical constraints like friction...

fisal

Joined Jul 3, 2010

so u r saying it is 2 costly ?
ok ,,thanks guys 4 u r help .i really appreciate it from the all of ya.

AlexR

Joined Jan 16, 2008
Not just costly but also totally impractical. Do the math!
Assuming no losses (which in itself is an unrealistic assumption) to get 4.4KW from coils that generate 20 Watt/coil you will need 22,000 coils.
Then there is the question of what you intend to use to drive the coils. To get 4.4KW out are looking at something that produces at least 10 horsepower (probably more depending on the efficiency of your generator).

fisal

Joined Jul 3, 2010
one more silly question . is it possible to make use out of 3kv but with really low current say 28ma ?
can it be step down so i at least can run my battery bank charger ?
plz understand getting the 3kv is not the problem ,it is making the 3kv usable is my problem . efficiency is not a factor ,cause the 3kv cost me $0 to generate. i just need to find away so i can use the high voltage.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
If it is DC, not really. It could be done in theory, but very dangerous in practice.

If it AC, a transformer can boost it down.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
one more silly question . is it possible to make use out of 3kv but with really low current say 28ma ?
can it be step down so i at least can run my battery bank charger ?
plz understand getting the 3kv is not the problem ,it is making the 3kv usable is my problem . efficiency is not a factor ,cause the 3kv cost me $0 to generate. i just need to find away so i can use the high voltage.
Where do you think you can get a free supply of power? Are you contemplating tapping into a 3kV feeder? If so, please reconsider, as this would be a terribly dangerous thing to do.

Although you may only plan to abstract tens of mA, very large currents could pass as a result of any short-circuit. You (or someone else) could be killed or maimed for the price of a few units of electricity.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
Here we are assuming that the OP has his facts straight. Maybe it will turn out to be, say, 33kV.:eek:

Is there any distribution at around 3kV in the USA, assuming that is really where the deed is to be done?

Perhaps someone has access to a factory or somewhere else that uses fairly heavy electrical plant.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Perhaps he is trying to use electromagnetic induction to convert an induced magnetic field to a voltage from overhead power lines? In any case, output power will be limited to milliwatts due to the inverse square law, if it's even possible

Perhaps he is trying to use electromagnetic induction to convert an induced magnetic field to a voltage from overhead power lines? In any case, output power will be limited to milliwatts due to the inverse square law, if it's even possible
It's also illegal. Some farmer tried it years back and the power company noticed.

fisal

Joined Jul 3, 2010
You mean steal, and without any intelligence.
noooooooooooooooo.. not at all
c here is the deal
i am using my signal generator with a lot of coils ( air core ) pretty much like a transformer .
i have a primary and secondary ,the coils on their own they will only induce about .5v output but when i add magnets as a core the output voltage will go up to 24vAC/coil.
so when i connect 3 output coils in parallels the out put voltage will be around 75vAC ,and the more coils i add ,the more voltage i get ,while the input from the signal generator will max at about 8vAC .
i really don't know how much current i am pulling from the signal generator cause when i connect the multimeter in series to measure the current i get a reading of zero ,so i know i am doing something wrong but i don't know what .
but here is where i am really confused ,when i touch the out put wires with my fingers( when the output coils reads 75vAC , i will get shock ,but it is not that strong at all.
so that is why i am here , i would like to understand what is happening.
i got the magnets and the magnet wires for free ,i can make up to 200 pairs coils (( that 400 coils )) , it takes me about 3 minutes to make one coil .i am almost 1/2 way don throw my coils .
so plz ,if u have any idea that can help me ,plz plz plz let me know .spichally the way i am suppose to connect the output coils together,some say i should do it in series and some say in parallel and some say i should do both ????

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
noooooooooooooooo.. not at all
c here is the deal
i am using my signal generator with a lot of coils ( air core ) pretty much like a transformer .
i have a primary and secondary ,the coils on their own they will only induce about .5v output but when i add magnets as a core the output voltage will go up to 24vAC/coil.
so when i connect 3 output coils in parallels the out put voltage will be around 75vAC ,and the more coils i add ,the more voltage i get ,while the input from the signal generator will max at about 8vAC .
i really don't know how much current i am pulling from the signal generator cause when i connect the multimeter in series to measure the current i get a reading of zero ,so i know i am doing something wrong but i don't know what .
but here is where i am really confused ,when i touch the out put wires with my fingers( when the output coils reads 75vAC , i will get shock ,but it is not that strong at all.
so that is why i am here , i would like to understand what is happening.
i got the magnets and the magnet wires for free ,i can make up to 200 pairs coils (( that 400 coils )) , it takes me about 3 minutes to make one coil .i am almost 1/2 way don throw my coils .
so plz ,if u have any idea that can help me ,plz plz plz let me know .spichally the way i am suppose to connect the output coils together,some say i should do it in series and some say in parallel and some say i should do both ????
P = IV. If you increase voltage, the current falls to keep the output power the same. You cannot create energy. So far you've created an inefficient transformer of some kind.

Man , i never thought of this before,i live really close to high power lines .maybe that is why i am having all that gain in voltage??
Don't get any ideas. If you're just lighting a bulb, the power co is unlikely to notice. But if you start running appliances, then you will get in trouble.