How to choose geared DC ? :]

aGpLT

Joined Jan 21, 2010
The PIC16F88 has built in PWM. You can use that for the motor control.

What you may want to consider, is stepper motors. Stepper motors can be moved one "step" at at time, giving you greater control over your movements. You can also "micro-step" the motors to get even more control over your arm.

They are rated in holding-strength. That is how much weight they can hold still.
Yeah some friends told me same, but i need to use DC.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Great pictures. As a wild guess- arm is operating at about 15 to 1 mechanical disadvantage, so lead screw needs to pull about 15 kg. If replacein motor try for 5 to 10 watt motor with 30:1 gear reductoin.

aGpLT

Joined Jan 21, 2010
It is DC. What made you think otherwise?
you know what i mean. My project head just told me to do it.

If motors are rated for 2.4 volts, and you ran them directly on 5, did they heat up at all??

B. Morse
Nope they didin't

Great pictures. As a wild guess- arm is operating at about 15 to 1 mechanical disadvantage, so lead screw needs to pull about 15 kg. If replacein motor try for 5 to 10 watt motor with 30:1 gear reductoin.
Thank You i will consult about it :]

aGpLT

Joined Jan 21, 2010
Darn so it's something new this time... i reassembled gears and tested again. So with +5V it works perfectly now... (without controller). And i tested it with controller... it didn't worked. So i measured. Motor eats 0.8A current without load, and i was shocked when i measured voltage, it was only 0.7-1V and why it's i don't know. i checked what's Vdrop of L298 and it's 1.8-3.8V when current is 1A and 4.9V when current is 2A. i don't get it why my motors can't get enough voltage :/

Last edited by a moderator: