How to add the text in the schematics to print the text on the PCB?

pinkyponky

Joined Nov 28, 2019
Hi all,

I'm using the Eagle software. I would like to have my name on the PCB board. So, please could you help me that how to add the text in the schematic and which layer do I need to select in the schematic to print the text on the PCB?.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Put text in the copper layer or overlay. It’s your choice.
I put it on the top copper layer because I do not always request silk screening (for one-of prototypes).

pinkyponky

Joined Nov 28, 2019
Have a look here.
Hi,

Yes, I saw that video. In which, he says that put the text on Layer: 97 Info. Usually, we will keep the text in the Layer tPlace or bPlace. But, In the schematic we don't have either tPlace or bPlace. So, that's why I'm confusing. Is it right to keep it on the Layer 97 Info?.

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
You could make a component that has a schematic and a PCB symbol. The PCB foot print is "pinkyponky". That might be hard so another option is to make a blank foot print and make its vault="my name". Not 0.1uF 25V but put your text in as a value. Another option is to have the value of a mounting hole = my name. Then more the text to where you want it.

As every one said this should be done in silkscreen (or copper) using the "text" command. Don't make a strange component.

pinkyponky

Joined Nov 28, 2019
If you want text printed on the PCB you place the text on the board layout, not the schematic.
Hi MrChips,

Yes, I knew this. But, we need to be defined the layer in the schematic and also to be defined that where the text need to be either on top side or bottom side of the PCB. So, that's why I'm asking.. I think now its clear to you what am I asking for?.

pinkyponky

Joined Nov 28, 2019
You could make a component that has a schematic and a PCB symbol. The PCB foot print is "pinkyponky". That might be hard so another option is to make a blank foot print and make its vault="my name". Not 0.1uF 25V but put your text in as a value. Another option is to have the value of a mounting hole = my name. Then more the text to where you want it.

As every one said this should be done in silkscreen (or copper) using the "text" command. Don't make a strange component.
Hello Ronsimpson.

I'm not talking about the Device (it contains Symbol and Foot Print). I have asked about the free text.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Hi MrChips,

Yes, I knew this. But, we need to be defined the layer in the schematic and also to be defined that where the text need to be either on top side or bottom side of the PCB. So, that's why I'm asking.. I think now its clear to you what am I asking for?.
In that case, sorry, we don’t have the answer that you are seeking.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
You don't put things in layers on the schematic.

The only suggestion I would have is to make a fake component such that the text appears in the footprint and add an instance of that to the schematic.

Bob