How multiplexer works

CSharpque

Joined Sep 23, 2011
can anyone explain about multiplexer circuits. I known no of inputs, select line. but how that select line goes into the AND gate and combine?

samin

Joined Oct 14, 2011
There are many different types of multiplexers. First it is important to know how a 2 input multiplexor works. I am guessing

you do, but I will describe it briefly just in case. In a 2 input multiplexor, you have 2 inputs x0 and x1 and then a chooser bit

c. If c=0 x0 comes out of the multiplexor, otherwise if c=1, x1 comes out.

This operation is simply ANDing of inputs with select lines.

samin

Joined Oct 14, 2011
Input C is the addressing input /chooser bit , which controls which of the two data inputs, X0 or X1, will be transmitted to the output.

So .. If C=0 then X0 comes out of the multiplexor, otherwise if C=1, X1 comes out.

:)

Attachments

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Input C is the addressing input /chooser bit , which controls which of the two data inputs, X0 or X1, will be transmitted to the output.

So .. If C=0 then X0 comes out of the multiplexor, otherwise if C=1, X1 comes out.
That's for a digital multiplexer. An analog multiplexer that can transmit analog signals (as well as digital) is built with
CMOS transmission gates to route the signal.

CSharpque

Joined Sep 23, 2011
k as u said if c=0 then x0 comes as output i understand but my question is that how i can decide whether x1 take 0 or x0 take 1 means gate with x0 takes input from the c is 0 or 1? same as gate with x1 takes input from the c is 0 or 1?