how much electron carried at a time by serial port and universal serial bus ?

Nawaz Zia

Joined Mar 6, 2016
hi respectives

much confused to understand how much electron carried by computer signal
want to controll some stepper, motor, led problem to controll some thing like motors leds

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Computer signals are low level voltage and current. The only device they could likely drive directly would be a low power LED.
To drive higher voltage/current devices you need an amplifier using MOSFETs or BJTs (bipolar junction transistors).
The circuit and transistors needed depend upon how much current and voltage the devices require.

Note that your English is a little garbled and difficult to understand.
Do you know someone that can help you with your English posts into complete sentences?

Nawaz Zia

Joined Mar 6, 2016
yes sir......i will try to...........thx alot
actually i wants to know that how much electron (current ,,,,,amps,,,,)negative or positive charge a bit consume

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
To find out how much current a motor or other device draws you need to read its datasheet or specification.

Nawaz Zia

Joined Mar 6, 2016
?transistor?..........give me the detail about which and why i use a transistor as switch
computer>(rs232 pin #3(Transmit Data)>(?which transistor?)>12v motor
if there is any problem to understand my question i will brief to u..........thx alot

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
A computer signal RS232 just carries the position/rate information, the motor will receive this via a drive of some kind, from simple step/dir, PWM etc.
If by computer you mean a PC, look up Mach3 software, it is free and is a PC positioning program via the P.C parallel port.
But requires drives of some kind to drive the motor, the size of these will depend on the current rating of the selected motor.
If you wish to do it with serial signal then it can be done via RS232 and a small microprocesor with a MAX232 IC for reception.
The reception term for serial is known as the Baud rate which equals the number of bits/second.
Some terms to look up are Baud rate, step/dir, PWM drive etc.
Max.

Nawaz Zia

Joined Mar 6, 2016
A computer signal RS232 just carries the position/rate information, the motor will receive this via a drive of some kind, from simple step/dir, PWM etc.
If by computer you mean a PC, look up Mach3 software, it is free and is a PC positioning program via the P.C parallel port.
But requires drives of some kind to drive the motor, the size of these will depend on the current rating of the selected motor.
If you wish to do it with serial signal then it can be done via RS232 and a small microprocesor with a MAX232 IC for reception.
The reception term for serial is known as the Baud rate which equals the number of bits/second.
Some terms to look up are Baud rate, step/dir, PWM drive etc.
Max.
thx MAX............i will try sooner..........thx again alot

Nawaz Zia

Joined Mar 6, 2016
can i understand that a serial port rs232 and usb of pc act as battery that controlled through programm or software

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Battery is the wrong term, they are both means of serial communication between PC and other systems.
What you do with the information is up to the manufacturer of the device.
Max.

Nawaz Zia

Joined Mar 6, 2016
Battery is the wrong term, they are both means of serial communication between PC and other systems.
What you do with the information is up to the manufacturer of the device.
Max.
i meant self controlled or software controlled battery.......................anyway actually wants to know there is a range of current flow in high level and low level logical values(im talking abt rs 232 txd and rxd pins data traveling)
a 1=true(on)High level......................-3v to -25v
a 0=false(off)Low level.....................+3v to +25v
if the port is idle then High Level or -12v (causing this lott of invertors inside.
how i determine which high bit is consuming -3.5, -4, -4.5 etc......so on at end range of voltage defined by respective rs232 manufacturer

how i determine which Low bit is consuming +3.5, +4, +4.5 etc......so on at end range of voltage defined by respective rs232 manufacturer

here is a sign difference between high level and low level that is - and + (as im considering its not a battery function its just a paragraph of down to 0 voltage we use negative up for positive in xy co ordination shown in paragraph
.y+
x-.....................................x+
.y-

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I suggest you look for RS232 tutorials on the web, RS232 is an old method of transmission and must have a huge amount of information out there.
The transmission consists of up to one byte of information, how it is deciphered or acted on is up to the processor/program in the receiving unit, it is not normal to use the individual bit level itself in order to control a remote component.
IOW it is deciphered first before a determination as to how it is used.
Max.

Nawaz Zia

Joined Mar 6, 2016
Thanks MAX
thanks for your passion to understand me...........
can a USB give me controll in hand to play with itself......if yes then which class i use or which is the best place to understand fully USB specs and functionality
PLAY meant controlling the desired range of current of any pin within its own limitation
one thing more sir...............a USB pin also hve +- signs and have a range for current.....its not fix on at any value but its fixed the range from one value to another end value
so what this mean +-
and also a range for both input and output pins
if u have knowledge about please help me
or suggest me best place for solution
With best wishes
Nawaz Zia