how many mA of a 6v ac-dc adaptor

lionfly

Joined Mar 4, 2005
I have a toy "activity center", which uses 4 c batteries. As the baby grows, the batteries exhaust quicker and quicker. I want to buy a 6v ac-dc adaptor, and connect the wires to the toy, instead of using 4 c batteries. I know many people will say it is not safe, but of course I will keep the wires and the DIY work safe for my baby.

My question is: how many mA output should I buy, to drive the toy making flashing lights and sounds as 4 c batteries? 300mA? 500mA? 1000mA?

Thanks!

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
Originally posted by lionfly@Mar 4 2005, 09:43 AM
I have a toy "activity center", which uses 4 c batteries. As the baby grows, the batteries exhaust quicker and quicker. I want to buy a 6v ac-dc adaptor, and connect the wires to the toy, instead of using 4 c batteries. I know many people will say it is not safe, but of course I will keep the wires and the DIY work safe for my baby.

My question is: how many mA output should I buy, to drive the toy making flashing lights and sounds as 4 c batteries? 300mA? 500mA? 1000mA?

Thanks!
[post=5843]Quoted post[/post]​

hi,

if you have a multitester you can probably check the actual current drawn by your device. since we don't know how much your device draws we could not say what is the appropiate current rating of the wall transfo. looking on the adequate side, i would say any value from 500ma to 1A will do. anyway that rating will find more use later on, when your baby outgrows the need. :)