how many hours should I charge a 1.2 v, of 1800 mah capacity battery to fill to use maximum hours

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Hi, trimmer specification given in the question itself.
Frequently I am changing the charging batteries, as I do not know , how many hours I have to charge ,
If I know the hours to normal charge, I think I could avoid the damage to the battery.
In mobile phone, the flow of mah could be monitored and it is not all through uniform when charging , as well as the charge percentage.
In tiny items, it may appear that such things are not possible, a way to know of things may help me to use the trimmer effectively
Is there any formula to find this kind of answer.

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Interesting. I thought just a rechargeable battery. But your query implies, that there is much more to it to look for a tiny trimmer also. I will check and give details. Is not all trimmers use a same set of batteries

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Frequently I am changing the charging batteries, as I do not know , how many hours I have to charge ,
If I know the hours to normal charge, I think I could avoid the damage to the battery.
Buy a decent charger and it will stop charging when the batteries are fully charged.

My NiMH chargers will also do NiCd. My Li-ion charger will also charge NiMH and NiCd.

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Hi, It seeems that you are using a separate charger for the purpose. I just have the trimmer , and just a wire to main to charge .
the name of the battery is nipow
Vipow 1.2V 1800 Mah Aa Cell Nimh Rechargeable Battery

Attachments

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Your hair trimmer presumably has built-in components to control the rate of charge of its internal battery, but may or may not have any to sense when the battery is fully charged. If it doesn't have them then, unless you know the battery spec or have test equipment capable of safely measuring the charge rate, you will have to make an intelligent guess as to the rate. A typical rate might be C/10, i.e. for an 1800mAh battery the rate would be 1800/10 = 180mA. Theoretically that rate would be required for10 hours starting from fully discharged, but allowing for inefficiencies a practical rate would be perhaps 12 hours.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
For NIMH, C/20 is recommended for a trickle charge. This is likely what the trimmer has inside. The use model us probably that is used once a day and charged for nearly 24 hours. A trickle charge will ruin the battery faster than a smart charger will.

Bob

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
I got the details . Standard charge 7.5 hours at 360 ma.
But you do not use it to the finish. You only use some percentage of charge for one use.
As such, you have to safely charge up to 2 hours before every use will be ideal
The charge details were given in small tiny letters, which i zoomed to get .
thanks for all who answered