How many hours of TV do you watch?

monster_catfish

Joined Mar 17, 2011
Being an aviation buff, anything about flying machines on Discovery Channel gets my attention, and National Geographic Channel airs some very informative programs, with typically spectacular footage.

I can't remember when last I watched a movie of any description though. The number of hours I watch the boob tube varies from none for weeks on end, to an hour or two a day.

Interestingly, I read somewhere recently that TV watching can lead to life-shortening medical conditions, even for those who work out regularly, which I found odd.

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
loosewire said:
@625, do you eat wild bugs,do you have the formula of the outdoors.

No, I am a typical student who has to spent most of the time in front computers and books.

DerStrom8 said:
It's really too bad that just about everything Bear does is fake.
Yes it may be as I know their is a camera man with him all the time and also a safety crew near by, but watching it is fun like watching movies...

In Discovery channel many other shows like Man vs wild are started but they can't beat Bear's show.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I really fancied Discovery channel when it started. 24/7 documentaries, what else could I want.
Unfortunately, lately it has degraded to pompous, exaggerated, fake montages of just about everything with a narrator in agony.
Only mythbusters retain my interest for 8 consecutive years.

Oh, Jamie, one day I will run M5...

RiJoRI

Joined Aug 15, 2007
Just before the Switch To Digital, I checked my TV watching time for a month. It averaged out to something like 30 seconds per day. One of the reasons I never got a converter.

--Rich

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I have a TV set, with no plug nor antenna. I did not watch any TV in the last three years.

I play with electronics and read a LOT when far from home.