How is it that the multiple antennas on a radio frequency jammer don't interfere with each other?

genekuli

Joined Oct 21, 2018
What sort of interference are you expecting?
I thought that since antenna designs were so precise and every element needed to be put in an exact position and have an exact dimension, that the whole set of antennas on the jammer are in fact acting as just one complex antenna with multiple elements, so how is it that that does not happen? What about all the inevitable capacitive and inductive coupling that would happen in the nearfield between each antenna? surely that they would have to have an effect?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I thought that since antenna designs were so precise and every element needed to be put in an exact position and have an exact dimension, that the whole set of antennas on the jammer are in fact acting as just one complex antenna with multiple elements, so how is it that that does not happen? What about all the inevitable capacitive and inductive coupling that would happen in the nearfield between each antenna? surely that they would have to have an effect?
Those antennas are trash anyway. They are almost certainly very poorly matched. The whole things is just a big utterly illegal RF hammer. They aren't concerned about antenna performance.

genekuli

Joined Oct 21, 2018
Those antennas are trash anyway. They are almost certainly very poorly matched. The whole things is just a big utterly illegal RF hammer. They aren't concerned about antenna performance.
yes, i am not interested in them as jammers, just using the example, i was just hoping to find out the antenna theory concept of having multiple antennas in such proximity. so would you agree that the antennas would interfere with each other? just so that i can understand the antenna theory aspect of it.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
yes, i am not interested in them as jammers, just using the example, i was just hoping to find out the antenna theory concept of having multiple antennas in such proximity. so would you agree that the antennas would interfere with each other? just so that i can understand the antenna theory aspect of it.
Antennas are mounted in each others near field on every shared transmission tower. Research that.