How is it done?

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
What filter? Am I missing something?

I think it is obvious that it is not wired as shown. Something must be hidden from view.
Each switch has a filter in it (low/mid/high), the switch shorts out the filter disabling it. Each LED has an LC filter hidden on it. This tunes the LED to the filter. The battery is fake and a wideband noise generator.

Or it's Adobe After Effects...

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
It's intriguing, but I think that unfortunately it may lead to a lot of newcomers to electronics becoming confused. Getting some people to understand basic ideas like the series circuit can be an uphill struggle, even without this kind of conjuring trick to muddy the waters.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Each switch has a filter in it (low/mid/high), the switch shorts out the filter disabling it. Each LED has an LC filter hidden on it. This tunes the LED to the filter. The battery is fake and a wideband noise generator.

Or it's Adobe After Effects...
Look at how tall the LEDs are. There would be room for SMD filters to be inline. Also, the "Red" is a bit brighter red, like red tape at the bottom edge of them, and there's no ledge on the bottom edge.

Battery would have 3 high frequency oscillators in it.

Attachments

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Look at how tall the LEDs are. There would be room for SMD filters to be inline. Also, the "Red" is a bit brighter red, like red tape at the bottom edge of them, and there's no ledge on the bottom edge.

Battery would have 3 high frequency oscillators in it.

But the switches would still need to turn on the filters somehow and they appear to be in series. Unless that is all fake too and there is a small mcu or something the selects each oscillator.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
SATAN! This can only be the work of the devil himself. I am going to have to drink until I black out and forget this video.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
But the switches would still need to turn on the filters somehow and they appear to be in series. Unless that is all fake too and there is a small mcu or something the selects each oscillator.
Unless there is a PIC10F200 underneath the tape on the LEDs and in each switch. Flipping the switch just sends a different signal.

Power would be flowing the entire time as a signal, keeping a capacitor/diode powered up to run the hidden uCs.

There wouldn't be a need to add the Red tape and put new leads on the LEDs if it was done in after effects (unless the red tape is simply mis-direction from video editing)

Reason I am hesitant to call "Video Editing" is that it is exactly like something a teacher would make in class to mess with students and keep their attention. I know I would if I got bored.

Also notice that 1 LED (far left) glows (2:02-2:04 ish) when he touches the bare wire after the power is connected and all switches are "off". More misdirection? It would also be IMPOSSIBLE if the switches weren't modified.

For the Oscilator/Filter solution: He DOES have 2V to play with where the LEDs wouldn't light, so the filters wouldn't need to be 4th order if he used 10kHz, 50khz and 250kHz for frequencies.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It could also be touched up video. The LEDs were sitting still, it would be easy to retouch the picture to make the same effect.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
It could also be touched up video. The LEDs were sitting still, it would be easy to retouch the picture to make the same effect.
If it is Edited:
Why not use water clear (new) Red LEDs in that case?
Why have red tape on the base that extends the LEDs to silly length?
Why have one light up dimly right when he touches the wire at 2:03?

I'm not saying it is NOT edited, but there are those oddities to cheer for a physical method, or perhaps the list above was thrown together as red herrings? (pun intended)

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
Yes, I think that this is probably an electronic form of conjuring: here is a quotation of a comment from another video from the same author, showing a simpler "circuit" with two LEDs. The author says that the parts are not what they seem.
@zzmgck You're right. Schematic is only the overall representation of main task: answer, how I can control this LEDs ? All components at the film has been modified (except battery).
Solution is really easy. Many people have already found it :)

Fredzislaw100 3 days ago
Another thing that occurs to me is that the circuit is laid out on a wide loop, positioned seemingly rather carefully. Could there be some kind of induction loop or coil hidden under the table, designed to induce AC voltages in the wiring to the LEDs - perhaps at more than one frequency to allow tricks to be played with resonance?

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
In a 2 LED situation, short the pins with a high pass filter on one LED, short the pins with a low pass filter on the other. When he flips the switch, a high frequency is generated by the switch, the current goes through the short on the high pass filter, but through the LED where the Low pass filter is a high impedance.

I'm guessing it is the same for the 3 LED solution, except with low, bandpass, and high.

rogs

Joined Aug 28, 2009
Based on the filter suggestions at the beginning of this thread, maybe something like the attached 'sketch' ?
SMD oscillator in the battery connector. SMD low current rf inductors, and SMD caps in the switches and 2 of the leds. (If you look closely,you can see that the middle LED looks slightly different)

Haven't actually tried it -and knowing me I'll have forgotten something - but maybe?

Still impressive to hide LC components in the LEDS though....

Just a thought,,,,,

Attachments

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
What's wrong with you all......?

To me it seems that you all are acting like morons.
For goodness sakes..what did you learn about electronics.

You guys are like old school wondering about that stupid video.
So he makes a video and some hidden trick is behind it, so what, he just wants to be noticed.

He's a con artist. And you all are puzzled over that.
Sheeeesh...! Loosewire isn't the only one here, with a Loosewire it seems.

He just wants you to wonder about it to get ratings or something like that.

The video did not amazed me in any way.
and I am not going to think about it and waste my time over a trick.
I got better things to do then fool people.