How good are his English accents?

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Wow, how did that get 14 million hits.... 14 million and one now.
The British accents are fairly close but obviously not perfect, although better than Sean Connery or Brad Pitt's attempts at accents.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
The southern redneck is exactly like the stereotypical representation seen and heard on most Hollywood productions. Southerners who talk like that are, for the most part, imitating "art." Often, they attempt to compensate for poor grammar skills and vocabulary with this exaggerated affectation.

Come to think of it, that's probably true of many regional dialects.

Last edited:

monster_catfish

Joined Mar 17, 2011
I have always considered myself to be uncannily gifted in pirate-speak.

Aharrrgh, shiver me timbers ! Man the lifeboat, ye scurvy dogs, and bring aboard the wenches from that thar island, before we make fer the Tortugas.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Possibly explaining why they are a dying breed. ;)
Actually piracy is alive and well. Its bigger now then ever.Back in the privateer days they didn't have huge cargo ships and tankers. Theres a reason why the UN patrols basically the entire african coast for pirates.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Voted worst accents ever was Scarface and all the bogus cuban accents. They are so bad its almost cartoony. Its like someone hit a mexican guy in the head with a brick. They also somehow though adding "Mehn!" after every sentence made it cuban. But the best part is every "Cuban" in the movie had a different accent.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Actually piracy is alive and well. Its bigger now then ever.Back in the privateer days they didn't have huge cargo ships and tankers. Theres a reason why the UN patrols basically the entire african coast for pirates.
And the little guys are targets too. Another reason that I have given up my dream of sailing around the world. Just too dangerous anymore.

After flying over the Caribbean, it became very apparent that there is plenty to see there. I'll be content if I get to spend a few years sailing the region.

But with my new interest in bicycle touring, I'll probably spend most of my retirement touring through Europe as long as I can keep turning the pedals.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Yah It always blew my mind when these parents would let their 15 year old kids sail around the world. Thankfully they found that couple that was missing in peru.