how does a 600 watts RF amplifier produces 600 watts power..

francis.cs

Joined Feb 16, 2010
pls help i have this schematic

how does a 600 watts audio amplifier produces 600 watts power..
sorry if my question is nonsense.
i dont have any idea , pls help me its for our proposal in our subject using circuit maker

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The simple answer to your questions is that the output power comes from the power supply. If you like, in very simplistic terms, an amplifier makes a copy of the input signal at a higher power level.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
RF is short for Radio Frequency. And as Beenthere said this is not a RF but audio amplifier. Another thing is that this amplifier may produce 300+300 Watt of clean sound. But this requires that the transformer in the power supply circuit is able to deliver the energy needed to push out 300+300 watt.

francis.cs

Joined Feb 16, 2010
im sorry for late response and obviously its an audio amplifier my mistake ..
my question is, what will be the frequency range of a 600 watts audio amplifier? its advantage and disadvantage to other lower wattage amplifier? advantage/ disadvantage of its frequency range? and if it is a higher power amplifier it needs a higher frequency right is it good for

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
im sorry for late response and obviously its an audio amplifier my mistake ..
my question is, what will be the frequency range of a 600 watts audio amplifier? its advantage and disadvantage to other lower wattage amplifier? advantage/ disadvantage of its frequency range? and if it is a higher power amplifier it needs a higher frequency right is it good for
An audio amplifier will operate in a frequency range of 20 Hz. to 20 kHz. give or take a bit on either end.

I'm not sure it has any advantages over other amplifiers. You have to define what parameters are important before you can make such a value judgement. For example it might produce a louder sound at the expense of increased distortion.

High power and high frequency are not exactly related, except as you go up in frequency it becomes increasingly difficult to build high power amplifiers.

francis.cs

Joined Feb 16, 2010
so its frequency range is fixed within that range? so the 600 wattage power is not affecting its frequency range, it only affects its output quality? and if it exceed within that range it is not an audio amplifier anymore cause you cannot use it for human?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
It might help a great deal if you gave us some idea of your application.

An audio amplifier is, by design, made to operate in the range of frequencies that humans can hear. The quality of the output is a function of the design, not the output power.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Its not fixed at that range, But humans have a hard time hearing anything outside of that range, so why build for frequencies we can not hear?

Audio Frequencies are audible frequencies.

It you made a 5,000w amplifier that had a range of 40,000Hz-80,000Hz It would be great. Just not for audio.

You can amplify any frequency. But the question is, Do you want to?

francis.cs

Joined Feb 16, 2010
Last Question Sir/mam
There is an IC-AMp LM4702B there in the schematic diagram above, do you have any idea how can i do do that IC-Amp in circuit maker?(in circuit maker and Electronics Workbench only), or any equivalent circuit for LM4702B? because there is no LM4XXX in circuit maker and Electronic Workbench .. can you post some links or pictures of the said equivalent circuit? .. tnx in advance ..

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
The datasheet for the driver IC shows an output of about 300W into 8 ohms per channel when the supply voltages are plus and minus 75VDC. But here the supply voltages are only plus and minus 40VDC so the output power is only about 86W per channel.

The applications note from National Semi shows the same amplifier with a plus and minus 50VDC supply producing 100W per channel.

The datasheet circuit does not use the small output capacitors that will reduce bass frequencies below 215Hz.

rjenkins

Joined Nov 6, 2005
You must also remember that a typical audio power amplifier is probably only about 40% efficient.

So for 100W output power, the power supply needs to be capable of supplying around 250W; 100W goes to the load, the other 150W is dissipated by the amp as heat.

Note the only valid measure of amplifier output is Watts RMS.

Many amps use 'Peak Power' or 'Peak Music Power' output, which are near enough imaginary figures. (I have some computer speakers with a power supply input rating from the AC supply of 4W. They are advertised and marked on the box as '300W PMPO'.)