How do I use this Monostable kit?

HiJackZX1

Joined Feb 4, 2009
I bought this from Maplin http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=220009 for a project I am working on. Basically I have a Digital Quad Processor and I wanted it to go to a certain mode when I turn it on. I wanted the monostable switch to send one pulse to simulate a button press, but I do not understand how it works. I have two wires coming from the Digital quad Processor and when I touch them together it changes modes. i want to connect these to the Monostable switch but not sure how to do it. I know how to connect it to power, but were do I connect the Digital Quad Processor?

Last edited:

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
If the processor needs the wires to touch only to change modes then connect one wire COM and the other on NO. However, this might cause problems because of bouncing of the relay contact while turning on. Try it.

HiJackZX1

Joined Feb 4, 2009
If the processor needs the wires to touch only to change modes then connect one wire COM and the other on NO. However, this might cause problems because of bouncing of the relay contact while turning on. Try it.
Thanx, that worked perfectly. I am having a issue though. I have adjusted the timer all the way to the end so it clicks the relay once but it is not releasing fast enough. By doing so it puts the DQP into a different mode. I need it to be like a millisecond. What do I have to change out? Is it the large capacitor, or the turn wheel that regulates the interval of the press?

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
First, I don't think the mode of the processor depends on the time delay until the wires are connected. I think the mode depends on how many times you connect/disconnect the wires. Thus the problem is due to bouncing of the relay contacts.
What processor is it?
It looks a bit strange to me to connect two wires to change the mode.

HiJackZX1

Joined Feb 4, 2009
Basically the device I am switching is a device used for security cameras. It has a bunch of buttons on the front of it that tell the device what mode to go into. If I hit a specific button it goes to a specific camera view. Basically I want the button to be quickly pressed so it goes to the desired view. Currently it is pushing the button but not releasing fast enough which causes a undesired view.