How do I record multiple messages onto an ISD1100 Chip?

corner_boy

Joined Jun 24, 2008
I set a up a topic earlier about my capstone and a voice tone but my problem now is that I need to record multiple messages onto the chip.There are a few set ups in datasheets available that i have looked at but not one has given me that certain way of setting it up. Since im trying to have the chip be activated with binary outputs, does anyone know how to set the chip up to have multiple messages?any advice would be helpful thanx

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The datasheet I just glanced at has that information. The "real" datasheet is a .pdf file about 957 Kbytes long.

You record to different segments of memory, selectable by address. Playback works the same way. The limit for total message length is 12 seconds.

corner_boy

Joined Jun 24, 2008
The datasheet I just glanced at has that information. The "real" datasheet is a .pdf file about 957 Kbytes long.

You record to different segments of memory, selectable by address. Playback works the same way. The limit for total message length is 12 seconds.
wheres the link so i may look at it

corner_boy

Joined Jun 24, 2008
i was looking through the the data sheets and, besides the basics of it, i couldn't grasp the concept of how to record multiple messages. Maybe i just need a little more assistance from someone who's used it before in this manner because the sample wiring i believe is only used for short record and playback.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
corner boy,

ISD1100 has 10 seconds for recording time, divided into 80, binary addressable segments. By setting certain address lines high during record, and again during playback, you can record and play back specific segmants. I did this with an ISD1400 (40 seconds) several years ago.

I have a three page document "Stand-Alone/Parallel interface Products: Basic Addressing" Chipcorder Technology by ISD, that includes the ISD110 addressing. If you don't have it I'll try to post it.

Ken

corner_boy

Joined Jun 24, 2008
corner boy,

ISD1100 has 10 seconds for recording time, divided into 80, binary addressable segments. By setting certain address lines high during record, and again during playback, you can record and play back specific segmants. I did this with an ISD1400 (40 seconds) several years ago.

I have a three page document "Stand-Alone/Parallel interface Products: Basic Addressing" Chipcorder Technology by ISD, that includes the ISD110 addressing. If you don't have it I'll try to post it.

Ken

please post it up for me, would really appreciate it

****edited**

Last edited:

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
cornor_boy,

Thanks for the ISD1100 manual.

Attached are two zipped app. notes for the ISD chips. ISDAdd.zip (6 pages) is the app. note on Addressing. ISDAmp.zip (2 pages) is the app. note on adding an LM386 audio amp chip.

Hope this helps. :)

Ken

Attachments