How do I hook this up?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
sorry buddy...the IR sensor output won't be powerful enuf, this is my guess.
since you don't have the spec of the sensor, don't connect it.
You'll need to measure the out put of the sensor for DC voltage levels when it is switching state. And after that we can tell you how you can go about it.
Still an transistor driver stage at the out put is advisable.

Rifaa

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
To reinforce the comments by R!f@@:

If the PIR sensor module is like most, you will need some additional circuitry that is triggered by the "motion detected" output signal provided by the PIR module to switch a relay, transistor, or MOSFET to apply power to the lamp.

hgmjr

pbalien73

Joined Dec 13, 2008
Darn, I was hoping this would be a plug and play type of part. Anyone wanna build me the circut board I need to make this work:)

pbalien73

Joined Dec 13, 2008

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Sure, why not, just send parts you have, excluding battery, and what final product should do or look like, no charge, except for additional parts. You have my e-mail?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hmm!! circuit can be quite simple. I can build it with no parts supplied if you agree.
I think I have to post it to you via USPS. What is the dead line for this.
If you want me to build it, tell me do you need to light to remain on after first pulse received, cause the data sheet says output is a pulse, which means light will be on for like 0.5 secs. The circuit can be made to latch after first pulse and switch after the second pulse.
Price want be that much but I have to check the postage to your door step.
What say you.

Rifaa

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Third unit , with out-board 5 V regulator for PIR on the way. With 12 V battery, switching off one A light caused PIR to re-trigger, hence V reg.

pbalien73

Joined Dec 13, 2008
Bernard's the "MAN"! Got the units he created, put them carfully in the work and everything works. Will post pic's soon.