How do I find the access times (ns) and capacity of Intel Core i9-9900K?

Deven93

Joined Oct 24, 2020
I'm relatively new to architecture and memory. We're learning about Computer Memory Hierarchy and we were asked to pick a specific piece of hardware and layout data (access times in ns and capacity) in the form of this hierarchy pyramid.

I've looked everywhere trying to find this information and I just can't seem to find it anywhere. If anyone can, at the very least, point me in the right direction - I'd be grateful. We haven't learned how to actually calculate the information ourselves, so it seems to be research-based. Though, if it's relatively easy to calculate it based on specs listed on the Intel web pages, I'd love to be pointed in that direction as well. I've attached an image as an example of what exactly we have to do or, what it should look like rather.

I've found a LOT of information as far as standard specs go, but nothing that actually talks or references access times in the form that I need it.
Any help at all would be great :)

Capture.JPG

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
You find this information in the datasheet published by the chip manufacturer. If you truly looked "everywhere" I'm surprised you were unable to find it.
Did you try searching for:

"Intel Core i9-9900K datasheet filetype: pdf"

Seems like it is right there in the first coupe of hits.

Deven93

Joined Oct 24, 2020
You find this information in the datasheet published by the chip manufacturer. If you truly looked "everywhere" I'm surprised you were unable to find it.
Did you try searching for:

"Intel Core i9-9900K datasheet filetype: pdf"

Seems like it is right there in the first coupe of hits.
While I appreciate the informative response, it could have been done without being condescending. I searched "everywhere" with keywords that were known to me - I would have never known to type in those specific words. All I had to go off of was the picture in that slide I shared. At any rate, thanks for the help. :)

Thank you so much! This is what I've been looking for! I've been looking up "Access Times" and "Memory Hierarchy" instead of latency - probably my biggest issue when researching this.

Welcome to AAC!

Does that mean this is homework?
In a roundabout way, I suppose. I posted it in the homework section at any rate. It was more for self-knowledge. We're going to go more in depth into this topic next week, but I think the goal was to be able to know how to find information for an upcoming assignment. Apparently, I couldn't even manage that.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
While I appreciate the informative response, it could have been done without being condescending. I searched "everywhere" with keywords that were known to me - I would have never known to type in those specific words. All I had to go off of was the picture in that slide I shared. At any rate, thanks for the help. :)
Thanks, but if you're going to make dubious claims, you should expect to be called out. All you needed to say was that your search was unsuccessful.