How did I get involved in this conversation and why can a newbie start a conversation?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Not sure if this link will work for others:
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/conversations/electrical-events.37916/

Somehow I got involved in this annoying conversation. A number of relative newbies were involved in the conversation. One of which I have blocked (not the conversation starter) and I suspect is our old friend Jay Gatsby.

Why was a newbie able to start a conversation at all not to mention send to a number of people?

The conversation appears to be gone now. At least for me. But I still have the chain of emails wit the text. Most seems to be nonsense.

BTW, I suspect that our old "friend" Jay is back as a sock puppet in several new users.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Not for me.

Why was a newbie able to start a conversation at all not to mention send to a number of people?
While it could be limited by software I see that possibility as rining my doorbell down there at the street; anyone can do. (The most common, BTW, are those asking for discarded cloths, promoting the Bible or people offering to sharpen cuttlery - true! :p).

Isn't deleting them the solution, after all?

BTW, I suspect that our old "friend" Jay is back as a sock puppet in several new users.
Zero hesitation from my side; to the list and end of the story. ;)

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I had a suspicious feeling when I saw 2 threads about new revolutionary solar cells within a short time- both blatantly absurd.

Either same TS or inspiration for each other.

If it is not handled, with a month or two, it is spreading, and attracts regular people to join these conversations.

couldnt this be added as "free energy" scheme of some kind, or "blatant nonsense"?
Troll magnetism?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
These "members" I am thinking of have been around more than a month now.

I have got to wonder what goes on inside the brain of someone that is so persistent in causing trouble in a forum like this.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The conversation is open to every one and is totaly private.
Even I ( as adminitrator ) can not look into the conversations of other members.
I also get these messages sometimes and reply with the message that they should post in the forum to get some response.

You can always delete the conversation with "leave conversation".
You will get a pop-up to ask if you are open to new replies or ignore future replies

Bertus

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
My point was that the whole conversation was nonsense.

It involved at least 3 other people 2 of which I suspect are the old Jay Gatsby.

One of those users I already blocked yet I still got a message from him.

I suspect the newbie that started the conversation is a sock puppet of the other two.

Newbies should not be allowed to send PMs. It is restricted on most other forums to prevent such a thing.