How couple the thyristor

timrobbins

Joined Aug 29, 2009
Static switches need a little more appreciation than you may have on the subject. Can you describe how you were going to compare the voltage and phase of each source?

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
The backing source needs to be precisely synchronised with the generator, otherwise the only thing you will get from the changeover is loud bang and lots of smoke.

I have no idea what is the circuit supposed to supply and how sensitive it is to power brownouts, but maybe you could leave some dead time between switchnig off the generator and switching on the ups. Depending on the turn-off performance, it could be something like 1-2 cycles.

atifbuitms

Joined Apr 10, 2010
Static switches need a little more appreciation than you may have on the subject. Can you describe how you were going to compare the voltage and phase of each source?

bother plz check how we change the both input of moc 3041.

see the image

1 thing remember that both generator and UPS is ON.only one suply is passed whose moc is on

Attachments

atifbuitms

Joined Apr 10, 2010
The backing source needs to be precisely synchronised with the generator, otherwise the only thing you will get from the changeover is loud bang and lots of smoke.

I have no idea what is the circuit supposed to supply and how sensitive it is to power brownouts, but maybe you could leave some dead time between switchnig off the generator and switching on the ups. Depending on the turn-off performance, it could be something like 1-2 cycles.

brother plz check the pic where we show how the chage over work and both suply is ON and only one is passed whose moc is ON.

Attachments

timrobbins

Joined Aug 29, 2009
I suggest you should not be using the static switch as you may not appreciate the damage that can be done, or the control and protection requirements needed for static switches.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
brother plz check the pic where we show how the chage over work and both suply is ON and only one is passed whose moc is ON.
1) I am pretty sure I am not your brother
2) How many people is covered under the "we"?
3) You definitely need to use fast acting high energy fuses near the SCRs, because according to the apperance of your knowledge something will definitely go wrong, and vaporized copper wires condensing on your skin is pretty nasty.
4) You need to find the minimum dead time between switching the SCRs. This means knowing the turn-off time of the SCRs, how long drio of the voltage can the load safely withstand, and finally how does it cope with the transition.
That means lots of testing on live circuits under load, so you should get some competent supervision to asist you in not to get killed in the process.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
The circuit looks like it just shorts out two different 240V supplies through triacs.

Wait a minute, let me guess, it's an attempt at a transfer switch that goes to a UPS when the main 240V supply fails?

And you're hoping to keep both ends of it in exact phase sync so when it switches you don't blow one, the other or both up?

Without some rather complicated electronics and some serious modification of your UPS this isn't going to happen. The power grid you have over there is so bad I don't know why anyone even tries to use it. From what I've gathered from the multitude of posts that keep originating from (allow me to guess - India?) about your power situation and all the attempts people are making trying to work around it there's really only one sure fire solution.

Get a few tons of batteries and the appropriate chargers. Keep the batteries charged as you can from your mains. Connect a giant UPS to the batteries and run your house off of that and that only.

No more having to deal with variations as low as 170V and as high as 280V. No more 50 Hz +/- 25% The savings from blown up equipment alone would pay for a proper solution in short order.