How can I substitute 2n35 and 2n255 transistors?

jkcobain

Joined Jun 8, 2014
Hi guys, I'm in the half of engineering, so I don't have much experience yet. So I would appreciate your help to tell me how I can replace those transistors, because I think they are very old.

If it helps to you, I need them for a pacemaker, this one:

http://www.seekic.com/uploadfile/ic-circuit/2009720203250264.gif

If you know an easier way to build a pacemaker (it doesn't have to keep someone alive, of course, it just needs to do a similar function as the real ones do. It is a homework), would be great too.

Thanks!

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
There may exist cross reference lists from JEDEC numbers to NTE. Be aware that NTE components may cost up to 10 times the price of the original component because the are sold as quantity 1 instead of in bulk.

The second approach is to re-engineer the circuit by developing a set of requirements for the transistors and coming up with a modern equivalent. You might also have trouble with the 1N34A germanium diode as well.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
2N35; germaniaum NPN, 25v 8mA
2N255; germanium PNP,15v 3A 20W
the diode is germanium too...

And the flashing Neon indicator is probably showing the circuit is from the age before LEDs, or before they were standard. :eek:

Is there any reason you want to build a 1960's pacemaker circuit?

If you seriously want to build one why not use a 555 timer, and any common power transistor to drive the coil?

jkcobain

Joined Jun 8, 2014
There may exist cross reference lists from JEDEC numbers to NTE. Be aware that NTE components may cost up to 10 times the price of the original component because the are sold as quantity 1 instead of in bulk.

The second approach is to re-engineer the circuit by developing a set of requirements for the transistors and coming up with a modern equivalent. You might also have trouble with the 1N34A germanium diode as well.
2N35; germaniaum NPN, 25v 8mA
2N255; germanium PNP,15v 3A 20W
the diode is germanium too...

And the flashing Neon indicator is probably showing the circuit is from the age before LEDs, or before they were standard. :eek:

Is there any reason you want to build a 1960's pacemaker circuit?

If you seriously want to build one why not use a 555 timer, and any common power transistor to drive the coil?
hahaha no special reason, appart that I actually don't know how to build the pacemaker by myself. As I said before, I'm just in half of the career, so I'm still quiet ignorant at some things, specially with analog electronics, cause I haven't taken that subject yet, so I just googled it and found that diagram... :confused: