How can I find out the voltage of this drill?

Philip Walsh

Joined Apr 3, 2015
I found a hammer drill in a skip and I want to repair it. But the problem is there was no chord & plug, so I have no clue as to the voltage of the drill, I live in the UK so it could very easily be 120V or 230V. Its a Bosch GBH 2-26. I found the manual online but there is no mention of voltage which leads me to believe the drill is sold with both voltages. Is there anyway I can find out? I dont want to take a chance and wire up a plug and risk burning out the motor. It dosn't say anywhere on the drill casing anything about voltage or amrerage. Thanks!

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
First, make sure it isn't internally shorted to the case. Use an ohm meter or better, a megger. If that checks out OK, proceed. If you connect it to 120V and it is really a 230V, it won't hurt it. It will just run slower with lower power. Start with the lowest of the choices.

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
"TE="blocco a spirale, post: 841116, member: 24400"]Are you sure it's not a guitar?[/QUOTE]
Shut up you idiot. It was a perfectly valid thread, no need for stupid answers."

Calm down you idiot, it is a joke which anyone, with a modicum of education and intelligence, will understand.... but you are clearly not in that category!

I spent some time, on your behalf, researching the drill model when you first posted the question and I read the manual but could find no useful information to help identify the voltage of your drill.... but, I tried.

You're welcome!

And the word you're looking for is "Cord", but then, I would not expect an idiot to know that.

Last edited:

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
yes they make dual voltage versions, the 110v ac is for building/construction sites and usually comes with a yellow plug.

Last edited:

Philip Walsh

Joined Apr 3, 2015
"TE="blocco a spirale, post: 841116, member: 24400"]Are you sure it's not a guitar?
Shut up you idiot. It was a perfectly valid thread, no need for stupid answers."

Calm down you idiot, it is a joke which anyone, with a modicum of education and intelligence, will understand.... but you are clearly not in that category!

I spent some time, on your behalf, researching the drill model when you first posted the question and I read the manual but could find no useful information to help identify the voltage of your drill.... but, I tried.

You're welcome!

And the word you're looking for is "Cord", but then, I would not expect an idiot to know that.[/QUOTE]
Oh...thanks! :) turns out the stator was burned out. So ill probably toss it back in the skip. Thanks anyway!

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
blocco aale said:
"TE="blocco a spirale, post: 841116, member: 24400"]Are you sure it's not a guitar?

You're welcome!

And the word you're looking for is "Cord", but then, I would not expect an idiot to know that.[/QUOTE]
Oh...thanks! :) turns out the stator was burned out. So ill probably toss it back in the skip. Thanks anyway!
===============================================================
HTML hash, anyone? :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited: