How badly are Google invading our privacy?

XerxesX24

Joined Sep 13, 2012
How badly are Guugle invading our privacy?

What scares have you heard/had lately?

They went through a period of being in the papers for privacy matters on a practically weekly basis. You could have set your pocket watch.

(Whilst puffing on your pipe and wiggling your toes in your toasty slippers) ;)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
How badly are Guugle invading our privacy?;)
Only as much as I let them.

I consider an internet connection to be very dangerous. I have never typed in my real name, address, social security number, drivers license number, etc. and I avoid Google every time I can.

When I checked out Facebook I was amazed. Those people are using their real names!!!:eek:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Being an Air Force Brat (and spending most of my young life moving) I want my real name spread around. The rest not so much, but it is nice to hear from someone who used to be a good friend, even if it was before I started shaving.

Besides, if you posted here Google already know everything they want to know about you.

Remember, with Facebook you are the product.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Youtube-Google is always asking me for my mobile number.

Mobile communications provider = propaganda and security agency, however without law regulation or any kind of contract.

Interesting enough it keeps asking all the time even if I denied many times. And the information is given that Google accounts are 9 times more likely to become hijacked- when I don't provide my mobile number.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
if you posted here Google already knows everything they want to know about you.
Have you tried googling, "#12"?
The result is about 100 pages of irrelevant. Just the way I like it.:p

Even if you google, "#12 allaboutcircuits" there are only 8 relevant returns, and none of them have anything about my real identity. I'm doing well!

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
Have you tried googling, "#12"?
The result is about 100 pages of irrelevant. Just the way I like it.:p

Even if you google, "#12 allaboutcircuits" there are only 8 relevant returns, and none of them have anything about my real identity. I'm doing well!
Yeah but you give it all away on your sig line...Saying you're really #32 :)

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
You're missing the point of what Bill is saying - google the search engine may not churn out information about your pseudoname, but Google the company knows more about you than you do (I'm not even joking).

Memory is cheap, so a company the size of Google can afford to keep record of every search you've done, at what time of day and year, how long you've spent on each webpage, what pictures you've copied and saved. Google knows who you are and where you live.

Algorithms can use the data from you, me and the millions of users to predict events from worldwide virus outbreaks, to know what recipe you're likely to fancy for dinner tomorrow.

What you forget is that everything you've ever written on the internet can be found somehow, and everything you've ever done has been stored somewhere.

You are right when you say the internet is dangerous, however it is certainly a necessary evil.

I'm not saying flaunt your personal details willy-nilly, but if you think you have any sort of real privacy or anonomity online, then you are mistaken.

fila

Joined Feb 14, 2011
Internet is a great invention and Google is a powerful tool if you know how to use it. Nowadays everything is invading our privacy, not just Google. In fact people willingly put everything about themselves on Facebook.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
If you ever put real info of yourself online your not very smart. I'm not talking about most of us 40+ fat ugly guys who lear at girls in bikinies all day! I'm talking about the 14 year old girl acting like she's 22 on facebook posting pictures of herself smoking drugs, and stupid stuff like that. a "Girlfriend" of mine, friends with no benefits ;(thought she was being stalked. She asked me to try to find her info online. In 3 minutes I had here home phone, cell phone, picture, picture of house and car, address, property value, marital status, and everything else you could ever imagine.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
How would you feel if some pervert stalked out your wife for days to take pictures of her naked and sold them to newspapers to make a quick buck, a few years after the same scum killed your mother?

You're perverted if you want to see these pictures, if only for wanting to oogle at a topless women - have some respect for ladies and women.

There is no news or journalism in this at all, just grotesque greed and pervertedness.

No offense intended, Sparky. It is a sad occurrence when one recalls the way Kate's late mother-in-law was literally hounded to death in that Paris tunnel.

I suppose that is also why I found it a bit odd that Wills wife was so careless, knowing that helicopters and RC drones can get anywhere to take pictures. Matter of fact I have a feeling that the "victim" of this papparazi scoop may have a little bit of an exhibitionist streak, and perhaps dropped her top intentionally, for reasons best known to her.

Finally, I do find nude women very interesting to look at indeed, and do not share the view that such an interest is perverted. More than a few women in the prime of physical beauty enjoy such attention, and visit nude beaches to flaunt the results of all those hours in the gym. This I have witnessed with my own grateful eyes in Southern California.

Apologies for slightly deviating from the theme of this discussion.

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
No pictures of female breasts will be hosted in AAC whatsoever. We are rated "A" for all audiences.

Besides, I even saw the pictures twice unintentionally, while reading the news the other day. Right next to the deceased American ambassador. Reporters aren't of the most meticulous professionals.