Horizontal output, vertical output transistor on a tv board

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Harrie, Dec 27, 2012.

  1. Harrie

    Thread Starter New Member

    Apr 20, 2010
    Can anyone please help me out on the function(s) of the vertical transistor on a TV board or any material generally on any CRT TV board. I need this to compile a report
  2. Dodgydave

    AAC Fanatic!

    Jun 22, 2012
    If you mean the Vertical and Horizontal transformers, then your referring to the scanning system used by older tv systems, the beam on a tv is scanned from left to right, and top to bottom, and uses scanning coils located on the neck of the tv tube, which are driven by transformers and in turn these will be driven by power transistors.

    This system is used on NTSC and PAL, but the new digital system does not use these.

  3. crutschow


    Mar 14, 2008
    More correctly, the magnetic deflection scan system is not used in the new digital flat-panel TVs, but it was used in the few HDTV CRT TVs that were built. The scan technique is still used to generate and display the picture. It's just at a higher resolution and the information is sent in digital instead of analog form.