Horizon treadmill help!

swankylotus

Joined Aug 6, 2012
Hi guys. Whilst searching the net for help i stumbled across this site. I have to say the knowledge of some of you is astounding!! If i could just pick your brains a little further i would be extremely thankful to you. I have an Horizon Fitness T930 treadmill. I noticed recently that there was a noise coming from the front of it when i used it so i took the cover off to have a look. Quite simple really because all that seemed to be wrong was the bearings in the front roller. Even i can fix that!! Sadly and more to the point stupidly, whilst taking the roller off i forgot i had left it switched on and plugged in. I dropped the allen key i was using and it hit the motor control board. There was an almighty bang and a puff of smoke and it tripped the mains electric switch. Unfortunately, after my stupidity, the motor wont work at all. The incline does and so does all of the computer. I dont seem to be able to find any fuses anywhere. Have any of you any ideas on how i can rectify it or what i may have done? Maybe i need a new board or perhaps i could test it somehow? I dont have a clue where to go from here now to be truthful. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys.

luvv

Joined May 26, 2011
Pictures of the effected board would go along way in getting help w/ it.

One possibility you should be prepared for,a short from the high power motor control area to the low power logic side of the board could spell the end of it.

cozypowell

Joined Oct 8, 2014
Hi guys. Whilst searching the net for help i stumbled across this site. I have to say the knowledge of some of you is astounding!! If i could just pick your brains a little further i would be extremely thankful to you. I have an Horizon Fitness T930 treadmill. I noticed recently that there was a noise coming from the front of it when i used it so i took the cover off to have a look. Quite simple really because all that seemed to be wrong was the bearings in the front roller. Even i can fix that!! Sadly and more to the point stupidly, whilst taking the roller off i forgot i had left it switched on and plugged in. I dropped the allen key i was using and it hit the motor control board. There was an almighty bang and a puff of smoke and it tripped the mains electric switch. Unfortunately, after my stupidity, the motor wont work at all. The incline does and so does all of the computer. I dont seem to be able to find any fuses anywhere. Have any of you any ideas on how i can rectify it or what i may have done? Maybe i need a new board or perhaps i could test it somehow? I dont have a clue where to go from here now to be truthful. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys.
Hi, I have done exactly the same thing, as swankylotus and would be very grateful of any advice that could help me and stop me having to scrap what was an ok treadmill until my foolishness.