horizon T72 treadmill

razorguy

Joined Feb 21, 2013
I have a T72 horizon series treadmill, purchased in 2007. It sat in the box unopened for 6 years (don't ask), finally opened it, put it together, plugged it in and low and behold everything works except the tread belt motor. Reading most of the blogs about this problem, I am asking if anyone knows were "specifically" the problem area / areas are on the control board, and direct me to the component / components that are bad. I am sure someone else has had this problem and your help would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU

george0039

Joined Oct 15, 2008
Hi razorguy

It`s a slow process but if you have a soldering iron, fine tip, you can touch the solder at the capacitor board pad, if you smell a fish like smell the cap leaked. That only works for the surface mount capacitors, little round metallic buttons.

If they are electrolytic then you need a capacitance meter and remove each capacitor one by one and check it with the meter and compare it to it`s printed value. Remember one cap at a time, look mostly around the motor I.C if everything else powers up though.

George

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Hi razorguy,
If they're electrolytics, you can start by visual inspection. Bad capacitors can be identified by bulging tops.
Note that if they aren't bulging, that does not necessarily mean that they are good.