Horizon T-20 treadmill

elrese

Joined Aug 3, 2012
Hi,
I have a Horizon T-20 treadmill, it powers up but the motor has stopped turning. This had happened to me a couple of years ago and I found D6 to be shorted, i replaced it and that fixed the problem but I noticed the that diode was running hot, so I mounted the diode on the frame of the treadmill to act as a big heatsink, that worked for over a year with no problems. Recently D6 was shorted again and the motor was not turning, I replaced D6 again and that did not fix the problem, I checked Q5, IRFP250, its not shorted, I also checked Q2, FET, that reads around 40 ohms, I suspect that is shorted, also checked all the diodes, resistors and transistors they all read good. What I like to know if any one has some input on this controller board as to the direction I should be going or has a schematic that I may borrow. I have read all the threads pertaining to Horizon treadmills but his one has me pulling my hairs, the few that I have.

elrese

Joined Aug 3, 2012
Can anyone on this forum have any ideas or schematic on this controller board? It would be a big help.
Thank you.

micpat

Joined Sep 6, 2014
I have the exact same board and situation. Pardon my beginner questions but with my OHM tester the q2 shows zero ohms no matter which way I test it. This is a nice challenge and hope my questions do not discourage help. Thanks

micpat

Joined Sep 6, 2014
Max, Thanks for the help and excuse me for my ignorance in this matter. So I should remove the q2 (s6025l) and check for the resistance range. Which in OHMS should be? Where can I find the range? Thanks so much. And is must be moved so to provide a real test, correct.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It is more conclusive to remove the before checking.
Check on the low ohm range.
S6025 is an SCR, just that Q5 appears to be a Mosfet and unusual for a controller to mix the two?
Max.

micpat

Joined Sep 6, 2014
Max, I removed the Q6 MOSPEC u15A60 no reading on the OHM meter. cut the Q5 and no mater which of the three prongs I paired the OHM meter with they went to zero. So I need to replace both parts?

Thanks for engaging me in this...

IamJatinah

Joined Oct 22, 2014
Whoa folks....is this the famed Horizon SJED08011DG or Horizon Part Number 013674DG ? If so, there are a couple of other parts to check when repairing these animals. Repost if things didn't work out, with a pic or part number ;o)