Horizon MCB

Floss

Joined Sep 19, 2012
Hi All

I Found this excellent Forum from searching for a solution to this problem .

I Like to play at repairing things but I'm not a engineer just a hobbyist (and a bad one at that lol)

I found a thread on this forum about my treadmill motor control board (after lots of googling )

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=36571

My Problem is that the belt stuck a couple of times then just stopped working . When I turn the treadmill on it all seams to light up ok then when I press start I can here a relay "click" and a LED come ON (please see pic LED 1)

After reading the other post it seems there is a MOSFET /Diode combo that blows and a pair of schochkly Diodes that also blow casing the motor to not work .

As the MOSFET/DIODE combo control the switching of the relay I assumed they are OK (LED 1 coming ON) so I replaced the 2 Schochkly diodes , Now LED2 was dim before is NOW Bright but still no power to the motor :-(

Hope All this makes sense, thanks for any assitance

Reagrds

Jon

Attachments

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Welcome to Forum,

can you trace the feed back from the motor and see which components it goes to?
IE, Reverse engineer the pcb

Last edited:

Floss

Joined Sep 19, 2012
Hi

Thanks for quick reply ,

I tried doing that but not sure if the PCB is 1 or 2 sided .

Also just out of interest I do get 20v on the motor line apparently this is the DC bias (according to last thread should vary up to 180v)

Floss

Joined Sep 19, 2012
Been trying to map out the circuit from the motor pins as that's the part not getting the correct power , as the attached any use or do I need to do some more learning and start again ?

Regards

Jon

Attachments

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Been trying to map out the circuit from the motor pins as that's the part not getting the correct power , as the attached any use or do I need to do some more learning and start again ?

Regards

Jon
Your doing well, can you put the component values on as well please, transistor markings like Buz810 or IN4001 etc...